Summary: Jesus is the way to Pardon, Purity, Peace, Power, and Paradise. Sinners need to hear it, and Saints need to hold onto it!
Jesus is the Way
1. Jesus is the way . . . He is the only way!
2. Though He is the only way, His way leads to so much more than we could ever imagine!
3. Jesus is the way to . . .
a. Escape the Fears (V-5 Thomas was fearful.)
- In Times Past, you see troubled hearts. (Jesus said, “Let not your hearts be troubled . . . I am the way. V-6,7)
- In Today’s Presence, you see troubled hearts. (Jesus’ message has not changed.)
- In Tomorrow’s Places, you’ll see troubled hearts. (Jesus’ message will still be the same!)
**Whatever you are fearful of you can escape the fear if you will take the way which is Jesus!
b. Embrace the Faith (V-8-11 Phillip was right there with Jesus, saw all of His works, and then says, “shew us the Father”)
Accept Jesus who is the way, and have faith that . . .
a. He is God! Embrace the fact that He is God!
b. He is Grace! Embrace the fact that He is Grace!
c. He is Great! Embrace the fact that He is Great!
**Jesus told Phillip, “Either embrace by faith that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or embrace by faith and believe the Father is in me just because of the works you have seen me do.”
c. Envision the Future (V-12 Jesus said that when we accept him as the way, we will do His work and even greater works than He has done.)
a. We need to envision working for Him!
b. We need to envision worshipping Him!
** Are you troubled? Do you need help? Are you hurting? Then take the way which is Jesus Christ!
** Let me tell you where this way will lead you!
Body - Jesus is the Way
I. Jesus is the Way to Pardon
I John 1:9 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
** Are you guilty of sin? Is there unconfessed sin in your life? Then you need to be pardoned, and Jesus is the way to being pardoned.
** How do you get pardoned?
A. Be Searched
** Psalms 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
** Jeremiah 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
1. Take this way that searches out and exposes your sins.
2. Take this way that searches out and exposes your secrets.
** If you want to be pardoned, you must let the Lord expose your sins and secrets so you can confess your sins and secrets.
B. Be Saved
** Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
** Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
1. Turn (Turn from Sin & Turn from Satan)
2. Trust (By Admitting; By Apologizing; By Accepting)
**If you want to be pardoned, Jesus is still the way!!
II. Jesus is the Way to Purity
I John 1:7 “. . . the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”
** Are there impurities in your life? Are there areas of your life that you know the Lord would not be pleased with? Jesus is the way to being pure in heart.
** How do you get pure?
A. By Seeking
PS 119: 2, 9-10
2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
10 With my whole heart have I sought thee:
1. Seek Christ (Seek Him with the whole heart.)
2. Seek Cleansing (Take heed to the Word of God and do as the Bible says for us to do . . . seek to be cleansed.)
Ill: You can tell when you are dirty, and you can tell when you are clean.
B. By Surrendering
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
1. You can surrender to the slop of sin. (You can choose to be impure and nasty with sin if you want to.)