Summary: Did Jesus live on earth as an illusive, anti-social recluse who hardly cracked a smile? Did He just tolerate people, or did He enjoy socializing?
Jesus, The Social Messiah
Questions: Did Jesus live on earth as an illusive, anti-social recluse who hardly cracked a smile? Did He just tolerate people, or did He enjoy socializing?
We can find the answer to these questions in our text, as well as a few applications for our own lives.
I. The Miracle Itself
1. Background: the nature of wedding celebrations, wine
2. Jesus’ violation of etiquette
3. Nature of Mary’s request, Isaiah 25:6
4. My theory of the "missing gleam" in His eye....
5. The miracle worked and recognized....
II. The Dual Purpose of This Miracle
1. Number one: to be a ___BLESSING_______________to others
2. Number two: to serve as a _____SIGN________and provoke faith from the 5 disciples
III. Jesus Exemplified How to Bless Others through Relating to and Enjoying People
---5 qualities of a person who knows how to enjoy people....
1. A ____RELAXED_________________attitude (comfortable with people)
---NOT PRETENDING, which takes energy
--Socializing is ENERGIZING & SATISFYING, but pretending/uptightness is DRAINING
2. A willingness to ______ACCOMODATE___________________others, within boundaries
3. ________CONTRIBUTING________________ to the event (food, etc.)
4. Looking to make another look good or save face: ________CONSIDERATION_____________________
5. A home open for ______HOSPITALITY__________________(12)