Summary: The reason that We have all gathered here today is because of faith The only way that we are saved is by faith in Christ And through that faith we receive the Grace of God
Today I would like you to turn with me
• To the 16th verse in the 3rd chapter in the book of John.
• (Elab) on 1st time you heard it
Now this is the Gospel in a nutshell. It’s a miniature bible.
• Everything that we need to know about redemption and salvation is in this one verse.
• It contains 29 wonderful words that most of us have heard at one time or another in our lives.
“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
Many people have asked me
• If God so loves the world why does he allow so much suffering in it?
• War disease poverty hate loneliness boredom emptiness psychological problems unemployment violence tension all of these things and more.
• Why doesn’t God just come and stop it
• If there is a God why doesn’t he just end it
• These are the questions that people are asking
Some people say they can’t take it any longer
• The pressure of life gets to be to much
• And they feel there is no place to turn
• So they pick the only answer that they feel they have and they take their own life
Some people think that God has abandoned us
• But God hasn’t abandoned us
• The truth of the matter is that we have abandoned Him
• (Examples) Prayer in school, in congress ect
This verse starts with the words “For God”
• First of all we have to believe that there is a God
• I cant stand here and prove to you that there’s a God
• I cant take you to a laboratory and conduct an experiment and prove He exists
• But the bible does teaches us about Him
• It teaches us that He is the Creator-
• In the beginning He created the Heavens and the Earth
All those stars that you see at night God created them
• He doesn’t have a body like we do
• And because He doesn’t – this allows Him to bee in all places at all times.
• If He had a body like we do He couldn’t do that
• He can be in Russia He can be in China He can be in America He can be in Latin America He can be in Africa
• He can and is everywhere at the same time
• God is a spirit and we must worship Him in spirit and in truth
God is also unchanging
Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.Jas 1:17
• The bible also teaches us that God is absolutely holy
And Because of this He can’t look upon sin
• The bible also teaches us that He’s a God of judgment
• God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad. Ecc 12:14
• Think about it, everything thing that you have ever done that you think nobody saw
• Everything you thought you got away with
• God saw it
• God saw it all,
• Everything you did – everything you thought – everything you thought nobody knew about
• All these things are someday going to be exposed
• And we are going to be judged for them
• God has set aside a day when He will judge everyone in the world
• And everyone of us will be there
But God is also Love
My mother loved me
My wife loves me
My children love me