Summary: Certain people stand out becasue they just do it, they set an example, they conduct themselves as a christian, they show love to all, they have faith in Christ, and they live a life of purity,they just do it.
1 Timothy 4:12-15 "Just Do It"
1. First let us Consider some stand out guys:
• Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Michael Phelps, Vanessa & Serena Williams,Helen Keller the 1st death blind person to earn a bachelor degree in arts, and went on to become a world famous speaker and author , Sojourner Truth the abolitionist gave a famous speech "Ain't I a Woman" she was a Methodist preacher. These all stood out because they were determined to “Just Do It” whatever the determination was.
2. Why do certain People stand out? I think people stand out because they "Just Do It"
• Timothy's character was that of timid-ness or a lack of self confidence
1 Timothy 412. 12Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young
3. Just Do it means set an Example, the world is watching, consider what Paul said to Timothy
• 12. 12Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity
A. First area you must set an example in is Speech
• Matthew says the following about the words we use.
36But I tell you that men will have to give account on the Day of Judgment for every careless word they have spoken. 37For by your words you will be acquitted and by your words you will be condemned."
• Paul says Just Do It speak that you may benefit those that listen
Eph 4:29Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen
B. The second area that one sets an example is in Conduct in Life
• Just Do It have this conduct Believe in God
• Just Do It have this conduct Conducts that exemplifies Fearing God
Ecc 12:13Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.
Just Do It
• Just Do It Love God
• 5Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
• Just Do It Follow God :
• Eph 51Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children
• Just Do It Rejoice In God Psalm 33 1Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous;
it is fitting for the upright to praise him
B. The third area is in love or showing love to all people
C. The fourth area that we set an example is in Faith or faith in Jesus Christ
D. The fifth area that we can set an example is in Purity being pure “Is it Holy be undiluted with the world
3. Paul explains these things are extremely Important Now Just Do IT
A. Vs. 13 devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, Just Do It
B. Vs. 13 Devote yourself to preaching and teaching Just Do It
C. Vs. 14 Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you.
D. Vs. 15 Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Just Do It
E. Vs. 16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Just Do It