Summary: The signs & help for Spritural Kardia Arrest
• Kardia Gk- Heart
• Cardiac – Latin Heart
Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest is one of the leading causes of death in the U.S
- Close to 400.00 yr. suffered sudden cardiac arrest
- First sign of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) is loss of consciousness (fainting).
- At the same time, no heartbeat (or pulse) can be felt
- Cardiac arrest strikes immediately and without warning.
- Sudden loss of responsiveness (no response to tapping on shoulders).
- Does nothing when you ask if he's OK
- What is the difference between a Heart Attack & Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
- People often use these terms interchangeably, but they are not synonyms.
- A Heart Attack is when blood flow to the heart is blocked
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest is when the heart malfunctions and suddenly stops beating unexpectedly.
- A heart attack is a “circulation” problem and sudden cardiac arrest is an “electrical” problem.
Emotional & Spiritual Kardia Arrest
- Around us is Emotional & Spiritual Kardia Arrest
- Hearts in rebellion with disrespect to God & each other
- It shows in our frustration with families & our lives
- We have no discipline & don’t know what to do
- How am I ever to get through
- Thus a Kardia Arrest
- v.24-25 Hope gives us the can’t wait mentality
- v. 26 Now “Likewise” - Comparing hope v. 25 & suffering
- The HS aids the believer in his difficulties
- We have the power of God as our resource to lean on
Infirmities ἀσθένεια astheneia –v.26
- A Kardia Arrest
- Weak, needing strength, feeble, sick
- Physical, Fmotional, & Spiritual disability
- Infirmities – Examples of the same Gk. word
John 11:4 (AV) ---- Physical
4 When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.
1 Corinthians 2:3 (AV) ---- Emotional
3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
Hebrews 11:34 (AV) ---- Spiritual
34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
Translation Ro. 8:26a
Romans 8:26 (AV) Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our
Rom. 8:26 Phillips:
The Spirit of God not only maintains this hope within us, but helps us in our present limitations distress. …
Rom. 8:26 Amplified:
So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; ….
- We can be overwhelmed with despair not knowing what to do
- God is working in every bad situation for our good. (v. 28)
- The Spirit is praying for us
- v. 14-17 – We have been adopted as God’s own children – an heir
- The father knows our needs
- HS comes along our side
v.27 -He searches the heart
A.) He v.2, 6, 10-11 - Enlivens faith, love, peace, joy
- It’s the same Sprit that brought forth life
Genesis 1:2 (AV)
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Job 26:13 (AV)
13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens…
Psalm 10:17 (AV)
17 LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:
B.) Teaching & instructing us
- What to pray for v. 27 “the will of God”
- As a comforter he brings to remembrance Himself
John 14:26 (AV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
- Become a little child again (confused & hurting)
- Taking your heart to a loving Father
- Lk 15: 11-24 - The Prodigal Son
- The Father soothes the ach bears the burden restores the lost
- The Kardia Arrest has been arrested