Summary: This is the second message on the faith of Hebrews chapter eleven.
Keeping the Faith #2
prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became
heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
I. Through The Word of Faith We Have Warning.
A. Being warned of God of things not seen as yet.
1. The word was a warning.
filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
a. We need to believe the warning of the word.
soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
II. Through The Work of Faith We Have Witness.
A. Moved with fear.
1. If you believe God, you will fear God.
B. Prepared an Ark.
works? can faith save him?
notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
III. Through The Walk of Faith We Must Wait.
A. To the saving of his house.
1. Consider his walk during the building.
2. Consider his walk into the ark.
3. Consider his walk while on the ship.
IV. Through The Will of Faith We Will Win.
A. Condemned the world.
1. It was not Noah’s wish that men would die, but he believed God, and he knew that whatever God done was for the best. He had faith in the will of God.
furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
B. Became heir of the righteousness.
1. Heir- One who receives his allotted possession by right of sonship
2. The Righteousness-state of him who is as he ought to be, righteousness, the condition acceptable to God