Summary: The Millennium shows human nature for what it is.
Kingdom Finale and the Great White Throne
1. Everyday life can bring us some unusual problems:
Woman, 91, Teaches Purse Snatcher a Lesson
Tue Jun 7
TOLEDO, Ohio - She’s 91 and uses a hearing aid and eyeglasses, but Katherine Woodworth wasn’t about to let somebody steal her purse.
Woodworth clobbered the would-be thief with her bag until he ran away, police said.
"I didn’t have my hearing aid in, and I thought he said that he was going to take my pulse," Woodworth said. "Then he said it again, that he was going to take my purse, and I said, ’No, you’re not.’"
She fought off the man in a department store parking lot Saturday afternoon, authorities said.
Police arrested a 20-year-old suspect and charged him with robbery, felony theft, assault, aggravated menacing, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Sgt. Tim Hanus said women of Woodworth’s age shouldn’t try to fight attackers. Woodworth said she didn’t think her age was much of a factor.
"I’ll be 92 in August and I guess I’ve got more nerve now than when I was younger," she said.
2. We like to be in control of our own lives and destinies. But our control is limited.
3. When we talk about trusting God, we are acknowledging that our control is limited. and we are acknowledging that His judgments are better than ours. But many people have a high-fisted attitude toward God; sometimes it is apparent; more often, it is concealed.
4. But it time, the truth comes out. Such will be the case when Jesus returns to earth to set up the 1,000 year kingdom we know as the Millennium.
5. Matthew 25:31-46 describes an event at the beginning of the Millennium (just after Aramageddon), when the “sheep” are separated from the “goats.” The sheep are they who have been kind to the Jews and gentile believers during the Tribulation, and, if we combine this with Revelation, those who would not take the mark of the Beast. In other words, those who came to believe in Jesus.
6. The Millennium eventually transitions into the eternal state, so to inherit the Kingdom is to inherit eternal life.
7. These people will have children during the Millennium; they will be like us: sinners at birth. No doubt many will accept Christ, while others will acknowledge Him (they will see Him reigning on Mount Zion) but will harbor resentment toward them in their hearts because they are not born again. We must realize that only the regenerate can believe in Jesus in a SAVING WAY. Millions of lost people claim to believe in Jesus, but unless the Spirit of God overcomes the hostility the natural man has toward the true God, they are not saved. It is through the new birth, or regeneration, that we see the kingdom of God (John 3). Belief (genuine belief that embraces the Messiah) in contrast to unbelief (or hostility toward the true God) is the evidence of regeneration, a process as mysterious as the wind (according to John 3).
8. Christ will reign, but there will still be sin and wrong in the Millennium…the only difference is that is will be addressed.
MAIN IDEA: The Millennium shows human nature for what it is.