Summary: We need to be kingdom minded people
I. A Kingdom minded person understands what God’s Kingdom is.
A. A Kingdom implies a King
B. Entrance into the Kingdom requires a new birth (John 3:5)
C. Entrance into the Kingdom requires repentance (Matthew 3:2)
D. Entrance into the Kingdom requires a Calling (1 Thessalonians 2:12)
II. A Kingdom minded person seeks the things of God first.
- (Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.)
A. Maintenance Mode
- Seeks a self-reliant option first
- Says “this is the way we have always done it”
- Seeks only to preserve tradition
B. Missional Mode
- Requires reliance on God - faith
- Requires risk taking
- Requires prayer (corporate prayer)
- Requires unity
III. A Kingdom minded person is teachable.
- (Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.)