Summary: “How can I keep myself from forgetting the serious consequences of sin”?
Knowing the Destiny of the Rebellious
PROPOSITION: Because Christ will judge sin, reject the message of false teachers.
I. Believe the Word of God. v. 5
Jud 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, (Jesus) having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
A. The Lord delivers those who trust Him.
1. Do hear His voice.
2. Belief in Christ brings salvation.
B. The Lord destroys those who reject Him.
afterward destroyed them that believed not.
1. Don’t harden your heart.
2. Rejection of Christ brings destruction.
II. Obey the Word of God. v. 6
Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he
hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
A. Submit to the Word and stay under the authority of God.
1. Remain submitted to the Word of God.
2. Remain submitted to His authorities.
B. Reject the Word and stay under the judgment of God.
he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
1. Disobedience renders bondage in darkness.
2. Disobedience renders future judgment.
III. Practice the Word of God. v. 7
Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
A. Those that choose to live out the Word practice purity.
1. Don’t engage in sexual impurity.
2. Don’t engage in sexual perversion.
B. Those that choose to commit sexual sin suffer serious consequences.
1. God is serious about the sin of immorality.
2. God is severe with His judgment of immorality.