Summary: Romans 6:14 “For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.” (NIV)
Romans 6:14 “For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.” (NIV)
Question: What is the purpose of the Law?
The Seven Pictures of the Law:
1) Pictured as a Yoke. Galatians 5:1
Key: The law was never meant to make you a different person.
Lesson: Law was meant to control us not change us.
2) Pictured as a Guardian. Galatians 4:1-7
Key: The Law was given for immature people.
Lesson: Jesus came to turn the regulation into a relationship.
3) Pictured as a Slave Girl. Galatians 4:21-31
Key: We are never supposed to have a relationship to the Law.
Lesson: Hagar = Law and Sarah = grace.
4) Pictured as a Debt. Colossians 2:13-15
Lesson: You are no longer in debt to the Law.
5) Pictured as a Shadow. Colossians 2:16-17
Question: What causes a Shadow?
6) Pictured as a Mirror. James 1:22-25
Lesson: Law reveals my condition but doesn’t cure it.
7) Pictured as a Husband. Romans 7:1-4
Lesson: Grace sets us Free!
Question: How are we “FREE” from the Law?
There are two Extremes:
Question: Where has the Law led you?