Summary: What do you do if you are a one talent man? God has given everyone at least one talent. 1. Don’t Hide it! 2. Don’t Excuse it! 3. Just use it!
God is the creator of all things, even people.
1. Personality = Peter and Andrew
2. Ability = Talents
3. God cares about small = insignificant things about us. Matthew 10:29-31
What do you do if you are a one talent man? God has given everyone at least one talent.
1. Don’t Hide it!
2. Don’t Excuse it!
3. Just use it!
Luke 22:31-34; 54-62
Let’s look at an example of a one talent man!
The Rooster is often overlooked in this story. Did Jesus use the rooster? Yes! Can God use you? Yes!
I. He Did What He Could
1. He crowed.
2. He did not try to do what he couldn’t do.
a. Just be yourself.
b. You may not be able to do much in your eyes, but you can do what you can.
3. He did not try to look like a dog. Sing like a bird, talk like a parrot.
a. He crowed like a rooster.
4. Nothing could have taken his place at that time.
a. He had to crow.
b. Luke 22:34
c. He was just confirming what Jesus said.
a. God has given each of us a job to do. Nothing can take its place.
c. 1 Peter 1:1
a. Isaiah 64:8
c. The wheel is the circumstances of life.
II. His Job was Considered Unimportant by the World
1. The world doesn’t care what you do for Christ.
a. Witnessing, bus ministry, teaching, singing
b. Jesus cast out devils into the swine.
2. His crowing was a common thing to the world.
a. God had a purpose.
3. The little bit that he could do was unnoticed by the world.
b. God sees all.
4. His crowing seemed foolish to most people.
b. To God it was powerful!
III. He was not Ashamed to Crow.
1. His crowing did not embarrass him.
a. He was proud.
c. Romans 1:16
d. Proverbs 28:1; the righteous are as bold as a lion!
2. Acts 4:13; 29-31
IV. He was Faithful, He Crowed at the Proper Time
a. Church; Hebrews 10:25
V. His Job was not Popular.
1. Waking people up and showing them their sin
3. His job was to crow loud.
4. His message was the same to everybody.
a. John 3:18
b. Romans 10:13
VI. He Never got Discouraged.
1. His crowing was a lonely job.
2. No one else doing it.
b. 1 Kings 17
VII. He did His Job Well
1. He crowed at the right time and place.
2. Peter understood.
3. He preached to a small crowd.
4. His crowing with God’s blessings had great results.
5. How about you? Are you using your talents for the Lord and His glory?