Summary: As Mary experienced a world changing miracle, we can experience miracles of life and salvation when we say "Let it Be!"
Let it Be! Be A Miracle!
LIFE CHANGING MIRACLES Luke 1:26-38
We can experience life changing miracles…We live in a troubled world much as the days of Mary. Just a Mary experienced a miracle that changed the world; we can experience world changing miracles that bring life, healing, and salvation.
I. Because God’s timing is PERFECT
1. Specific Time - Fourteen Generations Mt. 1:17
2. Specific Places – Cities are changed
3. God shows up at the most insignificant places and times. Don’t be in a hurry to get away.
Have you ever felt insignificant? You are a candidate for miracles! Look out for angels!
II. When our hearts are PURE towards God…a virgin
Because our value and identity are in God alone.
1. Because of godly men…house of David…Jacob
2. Because of a godly man…betrothed to a man
3. Purity starts at home: “We have not strategic plan for helping people be like Jesus…It is not about trying, it is about training.” Bill Dogterom, Vanguard University
4. Value comes from God
1) The world’s opinion does not determine God’s opinion
2) You are incredibly valuable to God…don’t sell out for a cheap lie…be holy, you belong to me!
3) When we understand our identity in God, everything else becomes clear.
5. Favored and blessed. “The Lord is with you.”
1) Daughter of royalty
2) Betrothed: being a virgin is still an honor
3) We can give our kids the world, but without God given value, their lives will be meaningless.
Are we betrothed to God alone?
III. During Periods of PERPLEXITY “she was troubled”
Miracles occur when God interrupts our “normal” with some supernatural trouble that does not make sense to us.
1. If we can explain it, it probably isn’t God.
2. Are we “troubled” by God or are we content with “normal?”
3. Don’t give up! Ask God for some “trouble!”
IV. By the overwhelming POWER of the Holy Spirit
We will bring forth new life when we are overwhelmed by the power of God’s Holy Spirit.
1. How? The Holy Spirit will come upon you AND (Acts 1:8)
2. You will conceive! Spiritual conception is a natural result of being overwhelmed (immersed, baptized) by the Holy Spirit.
3. Conceive = Vision: Can we envision this?
4. It is a tragedy to call ourselves Pentecostal if people are not coming to Christ.
5. The greatest miracle is the miracle of Salvation
Are we overwhelmed by God or by the world? Are we expecting?
V. With the PROOF of obedience that says…Let it be!
The birth of miracles will come when we acknowledge what God is already doing by His Word and worship Him through obedience.
1. That sees the proof: v. 36
1) Nothing is impossible v. 37
2) Look around you! Get past yourself, look at others.
2. That hears the Word. No Word, no faith
3. That surrenders in Worship …instead of worry, she worshipped.
1) The song came before the miracle
2) Do you need a miracle? Start worshipping.
3) Do you have a song? THANK YOU GOD!
4. That receives the blessing of belief…Blessed is she 1:45
5. That waits for the miracle…And Mary remained…1:56
What we will experience depends on our response…
Conclusion: What does God want to say to us today? TEARS of PAIN WILL BECOME TEARS OF BIRTH, TEARS OF LIFE, SALVATION, WHOLENESS AND HEALING!