Summary: The message is about the Gospel of Mark as he introduces us to the Gospel, The Good News, The Messenger, The Message, and The Messaih.
“Let Me Introduce Myself” Mark 1:4-11
Rolling Stones sung by Mick Jagger took some serious heat for singing a song from the devil’s perspective, but the point of the song is more about the flaws in mankind. It was never intended as devil worship but in 1968 that what happened. That is what Mark is doing in this text today he introducing us to Jesus.
• Today’s Texts introduces to someone in this Gospel it is about Jesus Christ
• Immediately Mark tells us who Jesus is “The Son of God”
• Mark tells us that Jesus will baptize with the Holy Spirit or Fire Power vs 8
• Mark tells us that The Heavens Affirmed the facts about Jesus "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."
1. Mark starts out by introducing us to "The Good News" vs 1. The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah,
• The good news is the Gospel. Good News for you, for us, for our town, for Judea
• The Good News is that God has provided a way of salvation
• The Good news He suffered as a sacrifice for my sin, overcame death, and gave us all that same hope.
2. Mark now introduces us to a Messenger vs 2] … “I will send my messenger ahead of you,
• The messenger is a strange Character ”  And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness,
• The Messenger is unique in his dress, demeanor, and his delivery of the message
• The messengers Dress 6] John wore clothing made of camel's hair, with a leather belt around his waist, and
he ate locusts and wild honey. You guys recall my Fancy Sports jacket for Christmas
• The Messengers Demeanor you can feel John as a strong voice who says, prepare the way,
make straight paths for him, repent
• The messengers Delivery was one of an ability that “Convicted”, “Convinced”, and
“Converted” the people on the Judean hillside
3. Marks final introduction is that of the message vs 3 Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.'
• The Message Convicted made them recognize their spiritual condition
• The Message Convinced the People on that Judean Hillside they needed to confess their sins
• The Message Converted the folks on the Judean Hillside and the entire world vs 7] And this was his message: “After me comes the one more powerful than I, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie.  I baptize you with e water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit .” …
4. Marks Gospel introduces us to the Good News, introduces us to a Messenger, introduces us the message, and introduces us to Messiah he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a
dove. 11And a voice
• Messiah is the good news He introduces himself as Immanuel God with us
• Messiah Introduces Himself as “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father
except through me.
• Messiah Introduces Himself as King who brings salvation “Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming
to you; righteous and having salvation is he,
• Messiah Introduces Himself as Gods Son whom the Father is proud You are my Son,
whom I love; with you I am well pleased."