Summary: Let's finally go and do what the Bible tell us to do. This is the "Great Commission". So put up or shutup!
“Let’s Go and Get Them”
Matt. 28:19-20 (The Great Commission)
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.
When it comes to having things happen in our lives most of us would really like it if God would just hurry up and do something about it. We want Him to light the fire for us, we want him to send us more power, and we want him to cause a revival in our churches. We definitely cannot do anything without Him, and that’s true. And the problem is not that God is not moving, no, no, the problem is, we are not moving. Let’s think about some of the things God has already done for us:
* He sent His Son, Jesus.
* He has cleansed us from sins stain.
* He has released us from sins power.
* He has given us His word as a foundation and a weapon to use against the devil.
* He has given each of us a good measure of faith.
* He has provided a whole Armour of God to use.
* He has filled us with the Holy Spirit and with power.
* He has broken the curse of the law, which was death.
* He has promised to meet all our needs.
* He has given us the authority to bind and loose in the earth, and the spirit realm.
* He gave us access to come boldly into His presence.
* He took the stripes for our healing.
Taking all of that in consideration, I cannot help but think, that perhaps, just maybe, there is something that we are supposed to do for Him, and that’s outreach. Let’s Go Get Them. Have you ever been frustrated by someone who didn’t know it was there turn?
* When you are at a traffic light, and the person in front of you is on the phone.
* When you’re standing in a line at the bank, and the person in front of you is just stirring in space.
* When you picked up the kids last night, and it was suppose to be someone else turn
* When you did the dishes last week, and your mom forgot you did them, now you have to do them again. You know things like that make you frustrated, I believe God gets that way with us sometime. When He bless us time and time again, and we keep all of the blessing to ourselves, and don’t want to share Him with anyone.
I believe as Christians, we need to know when we are to wait patiently and when it is our time to move. Amen? So look at your neighbor and say, Let’s Go Get Them!
You do know the harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are but a few. So today were not cutting any corners, but we are going to get to the bottom of it all. The bottom of what you say? The reason why we won’t Go and Get Them.
We are living in a time, where the enemy is really trying to take you out. I’m not talking about taking you out to dinner or something like that. I’m talking about killing you, destroying your dreams, stealing your futures. He’s going to and from, seeking whom he may devour, the devil is busy. He’s not taking a coffee break, nor is he on vacation. The devil recognizes that if he’s going to bring down, as many Christians as possible, he has to work hard, but not only is he working over-time, he’s working triple time. Why? Because;
• He don’t want you to share the gospel with anyone.
• He don’t want you to go into the streets and share the good news.
• He don’t want you to tell anybody about Jesus Christ.
• He don’t want the church to grow, like it should be doing. No he don’t want none of that, he don’t want us to fulfill the Great Commission.
But the Bible tells us to “go ye therefore into all the nations”. Somebody say, let’s go get them. And I know some many church folks are eager to go out and do the work that God has purposed us to do, but there are obstacles in their way.
I. Go ye therefore…
Is a command from almighty God Himself, it means to move, to do something, to go somewhere, to go outside of this building and go get them. When Jesus told his disciples to Go, what did He mean? I’m glad you asked me, He meant, to go and do outreach as we call it today. He meant