Summary: Have you ever been angry with God? Chances are you have. This sermon takes a look at the life of Jonah and how angry he got with God
Let’s Stop Our Anger Towards God
A. Dramatic act about being angry with God.
1. Went to Nineveh
2. Nineveh repented
3. Jonah then becomes angry with God
C. Purpose: To Get rid of anger towards God, and let God be God
Jonah throwing a fit like a little 2 year old (1-4)
1. Jonah’s Honesty in his prayer
2. Jonah was very angry
3. He did not want to go to Nineveh
4. His prayer was very impersonal
5. Jonah knew all the attributes of God
6. Jonah wanted God to kill him
7. The Lord responds with a gentle question.
B. Illustration: The PA System Monday night
1. Let’s let God be God
2. Let stop being just professors and become possessors
Jonah pouting like a kid (5-11)
1. Jonah goes outside of the city and sits down
2. Jonah makes a Jewish booth
3. These booths were used in the Feast of Tabernacles
4. He then sat down and waited
5. God provided a castor-oil plant
6. Jonah like the plant
7. A worm comes and destroy the plant
8. Jonah is furious and ask for God to kill him again
9. God responds with about the same question he ask before
10. The Lord tells Jonah that he did not do anything for the plant.
11. Jonah cared about the plant more then the 120,000 people of Nineveh
12. Jonah realized the connection that God was trying to make
B. Illustration: Getting called to a tiny little college and having no money
1. Something good happens to someone and we are upset
2. Cant we rejoice when something good happens?
A. Jonah was a little messed up
B. Are you angry with God?
C. The test
D. Time to stop being angry with God.
E. A life without anger is one that is worth living.