Summary: A man can be under the grip of spiritual grave just like physical grave. Such a person is a living dead person that cannot fulfill God's purpose in life. But there is deliverance through the resurrection power of Jesus Christ.
LIBERATION FROM THE POWER OF THE GRAVEYARD SPIRITS
Study Texts: Hosea 13:14
I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes. Hosea 13:14.
- The graveyard is a place where the dead are buried. We have spiritual graveyards where people are buried spiritually by demonic powers and wicked people serving as satanic agents.
- Peoples virtues, glory, destiny can be taken by these wicked powers and buried. When things have been collected and buried, there is trouble unless you understand how to withdraw what has been buried.
- The graveyard has some powers which are behind certain things people call difficult cases, this is because they have not been discovered and demolished.
- Difficult cases are situations where all the secrets behind it are not known. And because of that ignorance, the enemy keeps winning and rejoicing.
- No matter how difficult a problem is, the resurrection power of Jesus can give deliverance and a lasting solution by revealing the problem and totally uprooting them.
- We shall discuss the topic under four sub-headings:
1. The Description of The Graveyard Spirits
2. The Destruction By The Graveyard Spirits
3. The Discovery of The Graveyard Spirits
4. The Deliverance From The Graveyard Spirits
1. The Description Of The Graveyard Spirits: Mark 5: 1-6
Mar 5:1 And they came over to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gadarenes.
Mar 5:2 And when He had come out of the boat, immediately a man with unclean spirits met Him out of the tombs,
Mar 5:3 who had his dwelling among the tombs. And no one could bind him, no, not with chains
Mar 5:4 because he had often been bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been torn apart by him, and the fetters broken in pieces. Nor could anyone subdue him.
Mar 5:5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains and in the tombs, crying and cutting himself with stones.
Mar 5:6 And when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshiped Him,
- Just as we have physical graveyards, there are spiritual graveyards where good things are buried.
- The spiritual burial will make fulfillment of destiny and life purpose difficult or impossible.
- The grave has power hence the bible refers to the “Power of the grave.” Psalm 49:15. But God will redeem my soul from thepower of the grave; for He will take me
- It is a place of decay, desolation, and being forsaken. Psalm 88:5.
- It is a place of darkness.
- The Devil may not stop you in having good plans and taking good decisions that can move your life forward.
- But he will make efforts to subject your good proposals, plans, purposes, goals to demonic attacks, so that you may never achieve them.
- When they are done with their evil, they start to showcase something about the grave in your dreams as evidence.
- Do not take such things lightly. Deal with the issues immediately. But the good news is that Jesus has commanded the grave to be swallowed up by the power of resurrection.
- The graveyard spirit is an instrument of “embargo”. It puts a stop or a limitation on destinies or good prospects- makes a person spend years on a project without a headway.
- In the graveyard, things decay. You have horrible odours and sights. Things go from bad to worse there. Potentials become relics of their former selves.
- The graveyard spirit signifies the end of glory and the beginning of shame. It is the beginning of hopelessness, helplessness and non-achievement.
- When Lazarus was raised from the dead, he has to be loosed from graveyard clothes, otherwise he will be a living dead person that is good for nothing. John 11: 41 – 44.
Joh 11:41 Then they took away the stone where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, Father, I thank You that You have heard Me.
Joh 11:42 And I know that You hear Me always, but because of the people who stand by I said it, so that they may believe that You have sent Me.
Joh 11:43 And saying these things, He cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, Here! Outside!
Joh 11:44 And he who had died came out, bound hand and foot with sheets, and his face was bound with graveyard clothes. Jesus said to them, loose him and let him go!
2. The Destruction By The Graveyard Spirits:
i. The spirit of the graveyard can pursue a person right from the mother’s womb. Jeremiah 20:17.