Summary: There is more to being a Christian after Baptism. There is a Life After Baptism.
LIFE AFTER BAPTISM
Romans 6:1-6 : Baptism is a very important part of a believers walk.
It is then that a person who has accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior show the world their profession of faith.
As they stand poised to be immersed into the water they are saying I have decided to follow Jesus.
The disciples were commissioned to go and make disciples and to baptize them.
That commission still stands today.
Many are being baptized and that is great.
But what’s next?
You see much to often we think it ends there.
Saved and Baptized PRAISE THE LORD!
But as the text shows, there is more that follows.
And now we will look to the word and see that there is:
Life After Baptism.
I. Let’s look at baptism.
A. What is it showing?
1. Buried with Him.
2. To be buried you must be dead. (v. 5)
B. The resurrected new life.
1. Just as Jesus rose to a new life.
2. So must we. (v. 6 , 2 Cor. 5:17
C. Where do we go from here?
II. How do we continue in this New Life.
A. We have to continue to reckon ourselves dead to sin.
1. v 15 should we continue to sin since we are under grace?
2. God forbid!!
B. We cannot allow sin to have dominion over us. (v 14)
1. Who we yield to is our master.
2. Whether to sin or to God. (death or righteousness)
C. You cannot serve two masters. ( Mat. 6:24)
III. Live Unto The Lord
A. We are dead to sin, but alive unto the Lord. (v 11)
1. We serve a God who is alive for all who live unto Him.
Luke 20:38 For He is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all who live unto Him.
2. Psalm 115: 4-8 (Read)
B. We serve a risen Savior. Who came to give us life. (John 10)
1. We have a High Priest that can be touched. (Heb 4: 15)
2. He is able to save to the utmost nobody else can.
Acts 4:12 There is no other name under Heaven given among men whereby we must be saved.
C. We should live for and to Him. (Romans 12:1)
1. Stay away from evil.
2. Avoid all appearance of evil. ( 1 Thes. 5:22)
Conclusion: We are part of God’s family act like it. God’s family has no rebels.
We must reckon ourselves dead to sin and alive to Him.
This is the only way to experience Life After Baptism.