Summary: Stem Cell Research, Abortions & Why Life is Sacred
+ New Slide
> Transition In
X Transition Out
- Show 6 min. DVD “Stem Cells, Beyond Hype & Hope”
- Free copy from Family Research Council
- 1 800 225-4008 or www.frc.org
+ [Norma Leah McCorvey] (Jane) Roe vs Wade
> Jan 22, 1973
7 to 2 majority – Abortions are permissible for any reason a woman chooses, up until the "point at which the fetus is, able to live outside the mother’s womb
Norma Leah McCorvey claimed her pregnancy was the result of rape. McCorvey now says that her accusation was false.
+ Protecting the Innocent
- The rights of Children
- Jer 32:26-35
- Judgment on Israel
-v. 28 Nebuchadrzzar to take it
- v. 29 – Set it on fire
- Look at the words – v.29-35
- Other gods, done evil, provoked me to anger, fury, evil abominations, sin
- v. 35 caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech
> X Jer 7:31 Tophet “place of fire”
> Lev 20:2-5 — On Slide
+ Moloch was a Canaanites idol
> Had a human figure with a bull’s head and outstretched arms, ready to receive the children destined for sacrifice.
> The image of metal was heated red hot by a fire kindled within,
> Children were laid on its arms rolled off into the fiery pit below.
> In order to drown the cries of the victims, flutes were played, and drums were beaten; and mothers stood by without tears or sobs, to give the impression of the voluntary character of the offering
- Will he not judge America over the treatment of the innocent of the innocent?
+ Number of Abortions in America
> 47,282,923 Abortions since 1973
- That way over the population of Canada
> 1.3 million babies are aborted every year
> 3% of all abortions are done here in America
— 55 million world wide
- The Lord judged Israel
+ Why Are Children Aborted?
The Alan Guttmacher Institute (the research arm of Planned Parenthood) states
> 1% are victims of incest or rape,
> 1% had fetal abnormalities,
> 4% had a doctor who said their health would worsen if they continued the pregnancy,
> 50% said they didn’t want to be a single parent
> 66% said stated they could not afford a child,
> 75% said the child would interfere with their lives or career.
- C. Everett Koop, formerly Surgeon General, stated that during his 35-plus years of practicing medicine, “Never once did a case come across my practice where abortion was necessary to save a mother’s life.”
+ A recent poll of couples in New England revealed that if they were able to know the future
> 1% would abort a child on the basis of sex,
> 6% would about a child likely to get Alzheimer’s disease,
> 11% would abort a child predisposed to obesity.
+ Abortions occur after the seventh week or 50 days after conception
Medical authorities determined a person to be “alive” if the is either a detectable heartbeat or brain-wave activity.
> A heartbeat is discernable less than 18 days after conception,
> Detectable brain waves in less than 45 days after conception.
+ I. Life is sacred ... because God made it.