Summary: "LIVING CLOSE TO GOD"
Psalm 91 "LIVING CLOSE TO GOD"
I. Living Close To God Guarantees God's Safety -
A. The Description of Living Close to God - 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 1. Living In The Sanctuary of Almighty God - 1
a. We Move In - "He that dwelleth"
b. We Move Up - "in the secret place of the most High"
c. We Move Under shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"
2. Living In The Shelter of Almighty God - 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
B. The Deliverance of Living Close To God - 3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
1. From Pits 3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler
2. From Pestilence - 3 and from the noisome pestilence.
C. The Dynamics of Living Close To God - 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. 1. God's Providential Care - 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers
2. God's Protective Cover - 4 and under his wings shalt thou trust:
3. God's Promised Covenant - 4 his truth shall be thy shield and buckler
II. Living Close To God Guarantees God's Strength - 91:5-10 A. No Matter What Fears - 91:5-7
1. Neither Molestation - 5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; 2. Nor Missiles - 5 nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
3. Nor Malady - 6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness;
4. Nor Murder - 6 nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. 5. Nor Mortality - 7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. B. No Matter What Foes - 8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
C. No Matter What Fails - 9,10 1. The Father Is Our Invisibility - 9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
2. The Father Is Our Invincibility - 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
III. Living Close To God Guarantees God's Stewardship -11-13 A. Guardian Angels Their Protection -
1. They Watch Where We Sojourn - 11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
2. They Watch Where We Step - 12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
B. Guardian Angels Their Provision - 91:13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
IV. Living Close To God Guarantees God's Salvation - 14-16 A. The Essentials Of Living For God -
1. Reverence For God - 14 "Because he has set his love upon Me"
2. Relationship With God - 14 "because he has known My name"
B. The Exaltation Of Living For God -
1. He Delivers Us - 14 "therefore I will deliver him"
2. He Dignifies Us - 14"I will set him on high"
C. The Effect Of Living For God - 15
1. The Requirement - 15a "he shall call upon Me"
2. The Results - 15 and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. a. God's Promise Will Hail Us 15 "and I will answer him"