Summary: Because Christ gave himself for you, you must give of yourself for Him!
I. Practice Scriptural Giving! Deut. 14
A. Know all you have is from God.
1. He owns everything.
2. He owns your life and soul.
B. Develop a habit of giving to God.
1. Giving is commanded for our benefit.
2. Giving must be done with the right spirit.
3. Giving reveals the condition of your heart.
A. The Sabbath law placed a restraint on work.
1. Do worship Him on Sundays.
2. Don¡¯t make it another day of work.
B. The Sabbath law placed a restraint on greed.
1. Don¡¯t focus on material gain.
2. Do focus on Christ.
III. Practice Scriptural Love for Your Neighbor! Deut 15-16
A. Have a generous heart towards others.
1. God tests the heart of the borrower.
2. God tests the heart of the wealthy.
B. Have a generous participation in helping others.
1. The law presupposes grace.
2. There was a prescribed manner of treatment.
3. There was a prescribed manner of returning the land.