Summary: This is the 2nd sermon in the series "Hope In The Darkness".
LIVING IN HOLINESS
1. Christians were scattered all over the world because of persecution; but Peter told them to live in hope because there was coming a day that they would be in Heaven.
2. The fact that believers have eternal life in Heaven to look forward to is great, but that does not change the fact that believers have to live in this dark world. It would be easier to just “blend in”, but Peter tells believers to live in holiness. In this text, we are taught how to live in holiness.
Live In Holiness By Being Holy
We must notice the very first word in our text. “Therefore” is referring us back to our study last week. What Peter is saying is, “Because of your salvation, here is how you are to live”. Peter is telling Christians that we must be holy, set apart. How do we do that?
Live In Holiness By Being Obedient
We are to live as obedient children. Sounds simple right? The chances of me living my daily life as an obedient child of God is as simple as my three children living as obedient children everyday without fighting, arguing, etc… So how do we live as obedient children?
Don’t Go Back
Be Like Christ In All Things
Listen To Your Father
Live In Holiness By Being Grateful
Because God Has No Favorites
Because Jesus Was Our Sacrifice
Because God Made Us New
1. Have you been born again? If not you have not been set apart. The way you do that is to give your over to Jesus Christ who died for you.
2. Christians live in holiness by being holy, obedient, and grateful so that this world can see the light of Jesus upon your life and that they too might be saved. If they can’t see Jesus in God’s children, where will they see Him?
3. When are going to get started doing what God has called you to do?