Summary: This is the 1st sermon in the series "From The Cradle To The Cross".
Series: From The Cradle To The Cross [#1]
1. What do you “look forward” to?
2. Most of the time we “look forward” to only the good things.
3. As we approach Christmas, I want us to see what Jesus had to look forward to.
1. Jesus has been around since the beginning of time.
2. Jesus is the creator of all things.
3. Jesus is God.
1. Because Jesus is God, He has all of the attributes of God.
2. One of those attributes is foreknowledge. That means that at the beginning, Jesus could see the end.
3. Jesus had leaving Heaven to become a human baby, to live unwelcomed by most on this earth He created, to be crucified by His creation on His creation, and to have to descend to Hell to defeat Satan, death, and sin to look forward to.
1. Jesus is God; but yet He humbled Himself and became a man.
2. Jesus knew that the Father would have to turn away from Him because He would become sin on the cross; but He still was faithful to His purpose of seeking and saving that which was lost.
3. Jesus knew that the very people He was dieing for would hate Him. He knew that there would be many that would reject His sacrifice, yet He fulfilled God’s plan anyway.
1. Jesus came to this dark world to bring light and life to all who would or will accept it.
2. Jesus was born to die and He had known that from the very beginning.
3. If you are here as a believer in Christ you have Heaven to look forward to; but if you have never accepted God’s gift of salvation you have Hell to look forward to. Lost people, you could change that today.