Summary: Today is Super Bowl Sunday and this week sure has been a lot of talking, even in our text there is a lot of talking, Jesus talks, People talk, Petre mother inlaw talks, evening talks, morning talks, the demons talk, the healed talk. Enough talking!
There has been a lot of talk hasn’t there? All week all, day, all the time, that’s all I have heard
1. There is a lot of talking going on even in our message today
• Jesus did a lot of talking; Jesus comes to Galilee proclaiming, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near; repent, and believe in the good news” (Mark 1:15).
• Jesus walked beside the sea of Galilee did some talking "he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 17"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men"
• They shall fish for men Jeremiah 16:16 But now I will send for many fishermen," declares the LORD, "and they will catch them. After that I will send for many hunters, and they will hunt them down on every mountain and hill and from the crevices of the rocks.
• Jesus talked in Capernaum vs 21" 21They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach. 22The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law."
• Jesus talked to a man in the synagogue who was possessed by a devil. 25"Be quiet!" said Jesus sternly. "Come out of him!" 26The evil spirit shook the man violently and came out of him
2. The People also do a lot of talking
• 27The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, "What is this? A new teaching--and with authority! He even gives orders to evil spirits and they obey him." Have you juys heard its kind of like the talk about Brady recall how he brought them back last year
• The People talked so much that news spread far and wide: 28News about him spread quickly over the whole region of Galilee.
3. I think Simeon Mother In law does a lot of talking by thanking Jesus for restoration or for renewing her strength . 30Simon's mother-in-law was in bed with a fever, and they told Jesus about her. 31So he went to her, took her hand and helped her up.
• Mark uses the Greek word egeiro (E ji Row)in many healings The word suggests that new strength is imparted to those laid low by illness, unclean spirits, or even death, so that they may again rise up to take their place in the world.
• She Rises up to take her part in the world by waiting on them . vs 30 says, The fever left her and she began to wait on them.
4. The Evening Talks can you hear the cries?
• That evening all the sick and demon possessed were brought to Jesus, groaning’s of pain are heard, shrieks of demon processed are heard
• The Whole town is talking the cries of the sickness and demon possessed are silenced by Jesus. vs 34" He also drove out many demons, but he would not let the demons speak"
• The Morning talks to us as well vs 35"early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
• Everyone is wanting to talk to Jesus . While Jesus was praying 36Simon and his companions went to look for him, 3they found him, : "Everyone is looking for you!" Probably everyone wants to talk to Brady Bellicheck
5. Finally there has been a lot of talking
• remember The People did a lot of talking
• Those that were healed did a lot of talking Simeon mother , those healed, the demon possessed
• The Evening talked the morning talks
• Jesus did a lot of talking and he is going to continue to talk listen the texts close 38Jesus replied, “Let’s go” somewhere else--to the nearby villages--so I can preach there also. “That is why I have come.”" 39So he traveled throughout Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and driving out demons.
• Notice he invites us to join him "Let’s go” That is what the Eagles and the Patriots are saying “Let’s go”, “ this is why we’re here”, “let’s do what we do” let’s get on with the game