Summary: Teaching the Word of God in Bible Schools, Seminars and Churches, for many years I have begun each session with having the people make this confession. I will outline it here as the process goes from hearing to doing.
Loving and serving God through the Word!
John 14:15 (KJV) If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Teaching the Word of God in Bible Schools, Seminars and Churches, for many years I have begun each session with having the people make this confession. I will outline it here as the process goes from hearing to doing.
I. Father, give me ears to hear the Word of God.
A. Romans 10:17 (KJV) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
1. If you want to be led by the Spirit of God, then devote yourself to the Word of God.
2. God’s Word is a lamp by night, a light by day, and a delight at all times.
II. Give me a Mind to understand the Word of God.
A. Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
1. Let the mind of the Master be the master of your mind.
a. Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
b. Bible study is meant not merely to inform but to transform.
III. Give me a heart to believe the Word of God.
A. Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
1. We come to know truth not only reason, but still more so through our hearts.
2. Psalms 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
IV. Give me a mouth to speak the Word of God.
A. Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
1. Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
V. Give me hands to do the Word of God.
A. James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
1. Some of Jesus last words we are to do are found in some of His last words spoken to the church which is every believer.
a. Mark 16:15 (KJV) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:17-20 (KJV) 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. 19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
THIS IS GOD’S WAY TO TAKE THE WORD FROM WRITTEN TO LIVING AND DOING. LE US ACT UPON THE WORD!