Summary: The sermon is about mking a place for Jesus.
Psalm 132:1-12, (13-18) Make a place for the King of Kings (Christ The King Sunday)
1. Psalm 132 is a Prayer asking God to watch over the Line of King David
• A prayer for God's favor on the son of David who reigns on David's throne
• A Prayer for Gods Dwelling Place 3"I will not enter my house or go to my bed-- 4I will allow no sleep to my eyes, no slumber to my eyelids, 5till I find a place for the LORD, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob."
• It’s a Prayer to make a place for God 4-5: "I will not ... sleep ... until I find a place for the LORD."
2 Isn't this pretty much our primary occupation as followers of Jesus, to ensure that God has a place?
• I think one way to finding a Place for Jesus is “Let God Arise” 7"Let us go to his dwelling place; let us worship at his footstool-- 8arise, O LORD, and come to your resting place, you and the ark of your might.
• When things go wrong, life is bad, determine to Let God Arise not anger Arise Oh Lord and come to this place with me control me by your presence.
• Arise of the morning and be clothed with Righteousness9May your priests be clothed with righteousness; may your saints sing for joy." 10For the sake of David your servant, do not reject your anointed one. Arise righteousness in me
3 One Reason we can’t make a place for Jesus is we are crazy Busy The Psalmist is crazy busy trying to find a place: “I will not give sleep to my eyes or slumber to my eyelids, until I find a place for the Lord.”
• My family wants to have Christmas dinner when we all can make it Gerald give some dates you’re good. I found one date December 23 after church.
• Crazy Busy makes us wonder Just where have we put the Lord? Does the Lord have a place at home? Does the Lord have a place at work? Does the Lord have a place when we're driving on the Interstate? Does the Lord have a place when we're shopping? Does the Lord have a place when we're preparing our monthly family budget?
• It can be tough "finding a place for the LORD." Wasn't easy for King David. And if we're honest, sometimes, we certainly don't act as though Christ is our king,
• Despite Crazy Busy we must make room for Jesus Your busy I know we had Our Thanksgiving worship service Last Sunday evening 7 or 8 people came are we to busy
• Theologian William Willimon: “We do not, perhaps we cannot, take time for God. God in Christ takes time for us and interrupts us throughout the day, if we have the eyes of faith to see it. God takes time from us. God grants us the freedom but then God suddenly shows up, unexpectedly becomes an event in our time and disrupts our lives.” Uncle Sam “I want You” lots of people lives disrupted during that draft
4 It’s our Call to Make Christ the King How do we make a place for Jesus as King of our souls
• WE believe that Jesus is the Son of God eternally begotten not made nor created
• We believe Jesus is the exact image of the Father He is the reflection of His Glory
• We believe He is the True eternal God.
• We believe Jesus Christ, King and Lord of all, given the name above every other name.
• We believe Jesus you are the Great High Priest, living for ever to intercede for us;
• We Believe you are the Pioneer of our salvation, you bring us to glory through your death
• We believe Every knee bows to you; every tongue confesses, you are King of Kings and Lord of Lords, to the glory of God the Father
• Jesus I need to make a place for you despite crazy busy,
• Jesus I need to make room for you
• Jesus I need to remember you take time for us. You interrupt our lives