Summary: “Make Room for Daddy” was a sitcom that ran on CBS during the 50’s and 60’s which depicted a nightclub entertainer trying to balance
Title: “Make Room For Daddy”
Introduction: “Make Room for Daddy” was a sitcom that ran on CBS during the 50’s and 60’s which depicted a nightclub entertainer trying to balance his job with the responsibilities of a family.
MAIN POINT – “There’s A Battle Going On” (“I find a warfare within me” Rom. 7)
1. Balance is the “key” to having a life full of success.
2. There’s a lot of ‘things’ vying for a place in our heart!
3. Even Jesus dealt with this during His encounter with temptation. (Mt. 4)
4. Making “Right Choices” is the ONLY thing that will give your life victory!
MAIN POINT – “New Wineskins” (Mt. 9:17) (“You can’t put new wine in old wineskins”)
1. First, I want to tell you about a counseling session I had with a preacher concerning a very difficult time in my life. (‘The Paper Bag’ story)
2. There’s a prayer in 1 Chron. 4:10 “Enlarge my borders” / Develop a God-given vision to s t r e t c h yourself to make more room for victory in your life!
3. Until we make more room for God’s greatness in our life we will REMAIN at the same old LEVEL!
MAIN POINT – “Who Are You?” (Spiritual Amnesia”)
1. It almost appears that Christianity has FORGOTTEN who they are!
2. When we become ‘born again’ we automatically become God’s Child!
3. God is our FATHER! / We have a right to call God our ‘Daddy!’
4. Paul told the Galatians, “And because you Gentiles have become His children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, and now you can call God your dear Father.” / The KJV say, “ABBA” the same word Jesus used when He prayed!
5. Jesus prayed, “Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee;” / We have the right to SHARE the same relationship with God that Jesus has! (Powerful!)
6. 2 Cor. 8:9 “You know how full of love and kindness our Lord Jesus Christ was. Though he was very rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, so that by his poverty he could make you rich.” NLT
7. God has even challenged us to put Him to the test, “Prove Me now / If you do, "I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you!” NLT
8. “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” 2 Cor. 5:21
(The sinless Savior has taken our sins that we might have God’s righteousness.)
1. Take notice WHERE Jesus is standing while He is knocking! / He’s at the DOOR of the Church / “On the OUTSIDE!”
2. What PREVENTS Jesus from coming on THROUGH the door?
3. In the Painting of “Jesus at the Door” it very clearly shows there’s no latch! / The person on the INSIDE must be the ONE that OPENS the door!