Summary: Making a difference as a Christian
If you went into a field at about 2:00 in the morning It would be very dark. If I lit a small light from the other side you would see it. As a matter of fact, you would turn all of your focus to it.
Think of this world as that dark field. Our world is very dark. We are more full of sin than ever. We are changing for the worst very fast. Did you know you can be a light? You can be that light in this world. We need these lights to show love and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I BELIEVE FIRMLY YOU MUST BE SAVED TO TEACH SALVATION!!!!!!
To get saved you must:
1. Realize you are a sinner
2. Believe in him dying on the cross
3. Confess your sins and call on him to save you
We need to lead souls to Christ more than ever. I didn't realize how lost our world was until I went on a Mission trip to Bloomington, Indiana. People would claim “I'm Catholic” or “I'm trying to do good” or “I'm too bad” and some people would yell and cuss us out.
A. No matter your denomination God has provided us His word which says the only way to heaven is to have a personal relationship with him.
1. Admitting to him and confessing your sinners. Romans 3:23
2. Believe in what he has done for us.
3. Call on him to save you.
C. The bible says whosoever's name is not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Rev. 20:15
1. It does not say whosoever didn't do good was cast into the lake of fire
2. It does not say whosoever is not Catholic was cast into the lake of fire
3. Your past and sins will be forgiven Philippians 3:13-14
I. This world is dark.
A. This world is really dark and sinful. Things that are sinful are being legalized and accepted. Its now days considered cool to do these things.
1. In the U.S. A man can now legally marry another man or vice versa
2. Marijuana is legal
3. People are going crazy
B. God is being taken out of everything.
1. God is being taken out or pledge
2. God is being taken out of our government
3. God is being taken out of our schools.
II. We need people to spread the word Romans 10:13-15
A. What if you went to school and there was no teacher? How would you learn?
1. You must call on his name to be saved
2. How would you know this without a teacher?
B. God will send you places to teach the bible. Matt 28: 18-20
1. This can be going out of your way to spread the word.
a. You can go somewhere far away
2. This can be in your own community.
a. Your own community has lost people.
b. I believe firmly the youth have the biggest c. You can do simple things
C. You have to get out of your comfort zone
D. God is with you always with you through it all.
1. You can do all things through him Philippians 4:13
2. Pray without ceasing
III. You can make a difference in your church
A. Use your talents
IV. There is a punishment for disobeying this command
A. Story of Jonah
1. Jonah was given a command from God to do something.
2. He did not do the command
3. He was punished
B. You will be under conviction for not doing his command
1. Have you ever not done something and felt like you should have? (Vice versa)
C. You could have led someone to Christ
Conclusion: Are you making a difference in your community? Are you making a difference in your church?