Summary: The sermon is based on what should be in a believers Man Cave such as stuff that prolongs life, love and faithfulness should be in their, that which we should remember should be there, the trophies that hang on our wall, and who we should be calling on.
Man Caves Proverbs 3:1-12
A Man Cave is a place for real men and where real men hang out Some things men desire in their man caves:
1. One important item is a Big Screen TV and I mean Big. Moto Go big or go home
2. Must have a giant recliner to watch WVU win
3. Of course must have WVU stuff everywhere Jerseys, WV towels, WV mug to drink coffee or soda,
WV stuff images of orange bowl victories, BCS games one etc...Yea WVU memorabilia all over the place
4. If they are not WVU fans then their avid hunters they are serious about the trophy's hanging
on the walls setting in the corners of the room such as deer mounts, squirrel mounts,
goats, bear, etc. ...camouflage, guns, bow and arrows are found hanging locked up in gun cases.
Memories are etched in every kill, and miraculous catches. You know the 6" fish went to 20"
5. The Absolute must is the Cell or phone its purpose is access dinner (AKA or also known as The Pizza Guy)
My suggestion is that the best gift for Father's Day is to Give him a MAN CAVE
I thought well I may be I am crazy, then I began to study and found out many people in the bible had Man Caves
1. Lot had a Man Cave Genesis 19:30Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to
stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave.
2. Elijah lodged in a Man Cave I Kings 19:. 9There he went into a cave and spent the night.
10He replied, ". I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too." Yea this is where he hears the still small voice.
3. Consider the Believers that lived in Man Caves Hebrews 11: 33those that lived in caves through faith conquered kingdoms,
administered justice, and gained what was promised; who shut the mouths of lions, 34quenched the fury of the flames, and escaped the edge
of the sword; whose weakness was turned to strength; and who became powerful in battle and routed foreign armies. Others were tortured
and refused to be released, so that they might gain a better resurrection. 36Some faced jeers and flogging, while still others were chained and put in prison. 37They were stonedF; they were sawed in two; they were put to death by the sword. They went about in sheepskins
and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated 38the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains,
and in caves and holes in the ground.
4. A Man Cave is a place for Real Men what should be found in the Man Cave of a real believer
The writer says that this is the stuff that Prolongs Life this should be in the Man Cave
31 My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, 2for they will prolong your life many years and bring you
A. Perhaps that which should be written on that Big Screen is what Proverb says 27The fear of the LORD adds length to life,
B. This is that which Prolongs Life. God told Joshua. 1:7Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant
Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, . 8Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth;
meditate on it day and night, Then you will be prosperous and successful.
5. IN stead of the Big Recliner to watch WVU in the Man Cave maybe we should watch how we love and
be more faithful
3Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.
4Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.
6. Maybe I should replace WVU Memorabilia with God Memorabilia In My Man Cave
A. I should remember to Trust in the Lord
5Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
B. I should remember to Acknowledge HIM
6in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. 7Do not be wise in your own eyes;
C. I should Remember to give honor to God
9Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops; 10then your barns will be filled to overflowing,
7. In the Man Cave are those trophies but in the Man Cave of a believer the Trophy's that hang on the walls are:
A. The Commandments of our Creator
B. The Cross which is the emblem of suffering and shame for our benefit
8. The Phone is a big part of the Man Cave because he can call
A. In the Man Cave of a real believer is an Altar in which one prays