Summary: This outline presents some valuable information from the Word of God about marriage which would be excellent for Christians comtemplating marriage.
Introduction: Important Questions to be Considered Before Marriage:
1. Are you both Saved? When God is in the heart and the home, marriage will succeed.
Non-Christian Marriages - We see that statistics concerning non-christian marriages, there is almost a 50% chance of divorce because God is not really in those marriages.
Christian Marriages - In Christian marriages, the rate of failure is only 1 out of 1000 divorce.
2. Have either of you been Married before? The Bible only gives 3 reasons for divorce and remarriage.
c. When the unbelieving mate leaves a christian
d. There is a situation where a christian has been married and divorced before salvation. We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ cleanseth from all sin and that this new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17 (quickview) ) may have the right to remarry.
*Children from a former a marriage will create a problem of discipline with the other mate.
3. How long have you been engaged or known each other?
4. Do you believe that God has brought you together?
5. How do your parents feel about this marriage?
6. Is there any reason why you have to get married? (other than a free-will choice to be married)
7. What type of wedding are you planning?
8. What do you want out of marriage?
A. The Purpose of Marriage
B. The Principles of a lasting marriage
1. God established marriage and the home - Genesis 2:18-24 (quickview) Psalm 127:1 (quickview)  for His glory Colossians 1:16 (quickview) Galatians 6:7 (quickview)
2. Only God can preserve it and give it real meaning!
Below are listed six things that will allow God to preserve this marriage.
e. Fellowshipping and Socializing with Christians only
1 Peter 3:7 (quickview)  1 Timothy 2:9-15 (quickview) Proverbs chapters 1-8; 1 Timothy 5:8 (quickview) Ephesians 6:4 (quickview) Hebrews 12:6 (quickview) .