Summary: Help students discover how much of the world their mind is conformed to rather than that of Christ. You will show students how to conform their mind to Christ from the book of Colossians.
NAME THAT TV SHOW
Use several scenes to have teens guess what the name of the show is that you have chosen.
Powerpoint slides available upon request-----
(slides depict show titles from popular TV shows)
Following Opening activity:
Use two of those lights that you push down with your hand to get them to light up (Home Depot or Lowes) that you use for an emergency when the electricity goes out or for closet lighting for game show buzzer/light indicators.
Bible Trivia “Get To Know Me”
Use questions from Bible Trivia to see how much teens know about their Savior.
Use to of those hand push round lights that you use for an emergency when the electricity goes out or for closet lighting for game show buzzer/light indicators.
1. What did Jesus say about rich men and the kingdom of God?
(answer) ”It’s easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God”
2. How many times did Jesus say to forgive our brother?
(answer) Seventy times seven
3. Finish this statement by Jesus: “My yoke is easy, and …”
(answer) ”…my burden is light,”
3. What is the name of the evil spirit that Jesus drove from a wild man into a herd of pigs? (answer) Legion
4. Jesus told the disciples that they could move mountains if they only had what? (answer)Faith as small as a mustard seed
5. What happened in the first miracle of Jesus? (answer) He turned water into wine
6. What were the words Jesus used to call Lazarus from the tomb?
(answer) ”Lazarus, come forth”
7. hom did Jesus first appear to after his resurrection?
(answer) Mary Magdelene
8. What kind of tree did Jesus make wither and die? (answer) A fig tree
9. Who appeared on the Mount of Transfiguration with Jesus? (answer)Moses and Elijah
How many of you recognized more of the TV show title slides than that of the Bible Trivia?
Some people insist that music, movies, magazines, and television have no influence on them.
Some students just roll their eyes when they hear adults talk about the negative influence of certain musical artists, movies, and video games.
They think, "Not me, this stuff doesn’t influence me. I make my own decisions and choices."
That response feels right, for sure. But what they fail to understand is that media exist to influence them.
Multiplied billions of dollars spent each year on advertising through media proves this fact.
Songs can make you feel sad, happy, or strong and fierce.
Sometimes they make you think deeply.
Movies make you laugh, cry, or respond in a number of ways.
Illustration: “ONLY IN THE MOVIES”
Here’s a list of things you can learn from watching too many movies or TV shows:
Most dogs are immortal.
All grocery shopping bags contain at least one stick of French Bread.
It’s easy for anyone to land a plane, providing there’s someone in the control tower to talk you down.
The ventilation system of any building is the perfect hiding place.
No one will ever think of looking for you in there, and you can travel to any other part of the building you want without difficulty.