Summary: If we can work on our hearts, we can improve our lives.
"I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings." Jeremiah 17:10 (NKJV)
I. OUR WORDS ARE A REFLECTION OF OUR HEART
A. V.20 – We should pay attention to our words.
B. V.21-22 – We keep wise, positive, and Godly words before our eyes and in the midst of our heart, and they bring us life and health!
C. V.23 – We keep our hearts realizing that it's our life-source.
D. V.24 – Reminds us again that perverse lips come from the heart and lead to a depraved life.
II. HOW DO I CHANGE MY LIFE?
I surrender to God, and He leads me through a process that changes my heart!
A. Our words show us the inventory of our hearts.
"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good, and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart, his mouth speaks." Luke 6:45 (NKJV)
B. If we want to change our lives, we need to fill our hearts with good things!
1. We need to obey God and build our lives on a sure foundation. Keep reading in Luke 6:46-49 (Expound)
2. Could the man who built on sand be the same as the one who built on rock later?
a. Failing is not bad if we fail forward.
b. Learn and Grow.
c. Never waste a mistake!
III. THE WORDS WE SPEAK DIRECT THE COURSE OF OUR LIVES
"Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus," Hebrews 3:1
A. A Faith that is working is a faith that is speaking. Mark 11:22-24
B. Benefits of the Spoken Word!
1. Luke 5:5 - The Word Brings Provision
2. 1 Peter 2:2 - The Word will help you grow
4. Ephesians 6:10-18 - The Word will teach you how to defend yourself and advance against the enemy of your soul.
5. There's an old Southern Gospel Song called "Speak the Word."
C. Two situations that will stop the Word from working in our lives.
1. Mark 7:13 - Making the Word of God of none effect through tradition.
2. Hebrews 4:2 - The Word will not work if it's not mixed with faith in those who hear it.
Give an altar call for salvation
Give an altar call and ask People to allow God to work on their hearts.