Summary: Second part of Pastor Gomez? sermon on "The purpose driven life".
We were planned for God?s pleasure, (Giving God pleasure is called Worship)
"But an hour is coming, and now is, when the worshipers shall worship the father in spirit and in truth; for such people the father seeks to be His worshipers. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth".
WHAT IS IT TO WORSHIP GOD IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH
1. worship in spirit and truth is not just music but a way of life (a life style)
2. Worship in spirit and in truth is sincere and it?s not ego-centric.
3. Worshiping in spirit and in truth is living by the law of the spirit, not the flesh. The bible says the flesh is at enmity against God.
4. Worshiping in spirit and in truth is knowing that all our service to the Lord is an act of worship. (There are individual acts of worship and also corporal acts of worship)
-When we pray in the morning and thank the Lord for giving us another day
- When we ask for His guidance its an act of worship because we are acknowledging who He is...
- When we please Him by helping out someone in need.
-WHEN YOU GO TO THE HOSPITAL AND VISIT THE SICK.
5. Worshiping in spirit and in truth is also worshiping Him as a body (there is nothing in this world that is more precious to God as His church.
-Everything we do in the church is an act of worship (it brings pleasure to God)
- Coming together as a church is an act of worship
- Singing together is an act of worship
- when we dedicate a child to the Lord is an act of worship
-when we partake of the Lord?s supper together
- Baptism is an act of worship
- LISTENING TO THE WORD IS AN ACT OF WORSHIP.
- We can live our lives as an act of worship to the Lord if we involve Him in everything we do and become a friend of God.
6. (Worship makes God smile ;)
- worship shows the Lord how much we love Him. (If you really love someone, you seek to please them).
7. Worship stems from having a relationship with the Lord; therefore it takes work and determination. It doesn?t come automatic; the Lord does not push anyone.
8. In worship you surrender your wants and desires to please the object of your worship. Like in other relationships there are things that must be given up and it takes determination. I had to give up many of the things I did before I got married.
A. gave up going out with my buddies.
B. gave up the little black book.
C. gave up going places by my self.
d. I gave up some of my friends that were damaging to my relationship.
9. The goal in worship is to establish a relationship with the Lord. Just as with your spouse, the more time you spend with God the better your relationship with Him.
-God wants to be a part of everything that y