Summary: Encourment for men to be courageous.
Message Notes: June 17, 2012 A.M.
On a tour of Panama City Beach, the Pope took a few days off to visit the coast for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the beach in the Pope-mobile when there was a frantic commotion just off the shore.
A helpless man, wearing an Auburn football jersey, was struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 25 foot shark.
As the pope watched in horror, a speedboat pulled up with three men wearing Alabama jerseys. One quickly fired a harpoon into the shark's side while the other two reached out and pulled the limp semiconscious Auburn guy from the water. Then using the long clubs, the three finished the shark off and hauled it into the boat.
Immediately the Pope shouted and summoned them to him "I give you my blessing for your brave actions. I heard that there were some bitter rivalry between Alabama and Auburn, but now I have seen with my own eyes that this is not true."
As the pope drove off, one of the Alabama fans asked his buddies, "Who was That?" "It was the Pope" one replied. "He is in direct contact with God and has access to all of God's wisdom."
"Well" the Alabama fan said, "he may have access to God and his wisdom but he doesn't know anything about shark fishing. Is the bait holding up OK or do we need to get another one?"
THE DEFINITION OF BARBECUING
It’s the only type of cooking a "real man" will do. When a man volunteers to do the ’BBQ’ the following chain of events is set into motion:
1) The woman goes to the store.
2) The woman fixes the salad, vegetables, and dessert.
3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray
along with the necessary cooking utensils, and takes it to the
man, who is lounging beside the grill.
4) The man places the meat on the grill.
5) The woman goes inside to set the table and check the vegetables.
6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning.
7) The man takes the meat off the grill and hands it to the woman.
8) The woman prepares the plates and brings them to the table.
9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
10) Everyone praises the man and thanks him for his cooking efforts.
11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off." And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there’s just no pleasing some women.
SOURCE: From Shani Monk, whose husband is a great BBQ-er. http://www.tribuneindia.com/2002/20021012/windows/net.htm
“Men Who Matter”
1 Timothy 6:11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: