Summary: • Today we are going to look at how we can minister like Jesus. • Jesus came to set the example for you and me. We are going to look why Jesus came to earth and who He came to help. • Over the next few weeks I want to take a look at the ministry of J
• Today we are going to look at how we can minister like Jesus.
• Jesus came to set the example for you and me. We are going to look why Jesus came to earth and who He came to help.
• Over the next few weeks I want to take a look at the ministry of Jesus, the mission of Jesus, the service, discipleship and fellowship of Jesus and the tack He took to evangelism.
• Jesus came as the model for all Believers to look on how life should be lived.
• God gave us the Holy Spirit who is our personal life coach.
• Jesus started His ministry at the age of 30 and teached and preached and healed for about 3-1/2 years.
• Jesus was water baptized by John the Baptist to be a model for all of us. (Many us may have been dedicated as a child – that was our parents faith)
o When Jesus got baptized, He was making a statement of His faith.
o After Jesus was baptized, He was tempted for 40 days and 40 nights…passed the test then got His 1st disciples and started His ministry.
o Jesus went out and teached, preached and healed. He did some miracles, turned water into wine, etc.
o Jesus had been doing ministry for about a year….
• This morning, let’s explore how we can minister like Jesus; our perfect model for life!
(NKJV) Luke 4 14 Then Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit to Galilee, and news of Him went out through all the surrounding region. 15 And He taught in their synagogues, being glorified by all.16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read. 17 And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written: 18 “ The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; 19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.” 20 Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21 And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.” 22 So all bore witness to Him, and marveled at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. And they said, “Is this not Joseph’s son?”
1) The Ministry of Jesus.
a) Shout…I want to minister the model of Jesus to everyone in my life.
b) I want to point out that Jesus had a custom or habit of going to church on the Sabbath (once a week). We should do the same.
c) We always hear that we should practice what we preach. Jesus preached what He had already practiced.
i) Jesus had been ministering for about a year…teached, preached, healed, miracles, signs and wonders.
d) When Jesus read this scripture, He was already doing all these things.
i) Note…Back in the day, the teacher sat and the people stood.