Summary: Connect, Covered Committed the Key to Ministry You can also listen to this message at www.preaching.co.nr (April 2008)
Ministry is built when we are Connected, Committed and Covered by a Local Church.
First timer, Occasional Visitor, Rebellious are not in the place to build a ministry.
Connected means you are a part of the Body, NOT JUST PSYICALLY with in spirit…1Cor 5:2-4 ……Phil 22then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose..
Committed means this is your spiritual home, where you are feed good home cooked ministry, where you fellowship, where you come and you give.
Covered not dictating or controlling, submission is the Difference between Covered & Uncovered An uncovered Christian says “I am doing this cause God has told me” a Christian covered says “Can I talk with you Will you pray about this”
How to find your ministry.
A myth its my job as Pastor is to tell you your ministry, but the Bible says Prov 18: 16A man’s gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men.
My/Leaders job to recognise & release a person who is Connected, Committed and Covered by a Local Church. into ministry. Rom 12 : 6 “Let Him……..” someone in the Church is saying “Go For It” Not Dictatorship, God’s Order of leadership and Covering.
Some say and try to Find your ministry by doing a questionnaire!!!!!! Questionnaires are sought because we known we should fulfil our role / part / function in the Body of Jesus, essential/vital each one should find and fulfil are role,
1Cor 12;14, …….Paul and the Holy Spirit are being sarcastic, because of competition, jealousy in church, cannot all be one part/role we are many parts that make up one BODY, Only work when we Find and Fulfil our part, honouring, serving and supporting the other part.
Can’t Tell you What it is / Can Encourage you how to Find It.
1. Attitude of Humility being Servant, Pride/Competition/Jealousy stinks, People Taking the Huff don’t get what they want, taking ball home, cause not getting to play in the position they want to play in, Can say to those people “Grow Up,” If God’s Thinks you are in the wrong position he’ll make Room, Open Doors, and UNTIL THE DOOR OPENS Eph 67Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, 1Pet 410Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms
2. Passion for Jesus, Phil 121For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
When we realise it all for Jesus, Church is filled with unsung heroes, Song in Heaven will be Well Done Good & Faithful Servant. Desire for recognition, Ambition, Seeking Sympathy, Compliments or the Centre of Attention.
Joy of ministry becomes knowing Jesus is honoured/recognised.
A few other points that I will cover in later weeks.
3. Acting on your complaint, if you are a moaner/complainer then stop moaing and do some thing about it.
4. Action on you Passion, if you are excited don’t just sit there do something with it.
5. Having a Go, Just have a Go.
6. Consistency, Don’t Give up Keep Doing it
You can also listen to this message at www.preaching.co.nr (April 2008)