Summary: There is a right relationship between a miracle and the Messiah. Jesus healed the paralytic’s to prove that He could solve the man’s bigger problem of sin. You could go to heaven with a sick body but not a sick soul. Salvation is the greatest miracle.
MIRACLE MINISTRY OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST!
- Acts 10:38 (KJV) How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
- Matt. 8:6 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick: 17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities,
- Matt. 14:35 And when the men of that place had knowledge of him, they sent out into all that country round about, and brought unto him all that were diseased; 36 And besought him that they might only touch the hem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole.
- Mark 6:56 (KJV) And whithersoever he entered, into villages, or cities, or country, they laid the sick in the streets, and besought him that they might touch if it were but the border of his garment: and as many as touched him were made whole.
Jesus Christ was and is in the truest sense, a worker of wonders. Here is the best news, it is Good News, He is the same today as He was in Bible Days and will be forever. The Gospels give us a look at the great worker of miracles giving us a lovely look at our Father God. For when we see Jesus, we see the Father. His life and work give us plenty of miraculous evidence to believe in Jesus.
Miracles did not bring belief to everyone.
- Mark 6:5 (KJV) And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
- Mark 6:6 (KJV) And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.
However, they should help produce faith
- John 10:38 (KJV) But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
- John 20:30 (KJV) And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
- John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Some people can only see the result of the miracles not the Lord.
- John 6:26 (KJV) Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
What reasons did our Lord then work miracles, signs and wonders?
I. To Show His Power.
- Mark 2:10 (KJV) But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
II. To Demonstrate That the Kingdom Had Come
- Mat 12:28 (KJV) But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
A. Casting out demons was a sign that the end of the age had come. Saten defeated.
B. The devil no longer shall have power over the believer.
C. Satan was put under Jesus feet and we sit by faith with Jesus in ’Heavenly Places’. Satan should be under our feet and we should give no place to the devil.