Summary: There are a lot of people period.... that are waiting for someone to tell them more about the things of God.
Acts 2:1-8, 12-18 NKJ.
1. When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
3. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.
4. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
This is what they had been waiting on… They had been seeking and praying
and God chose this precise moment to reveal what had been promised to be delivered.
How many of you know that God's timing is perfect?
It was no coincidence that this was the time that God chose to reveal the Holy Spirit.
If a picture is worth 1000 words… Then how much more value is there to be had by witnessing something first hand?
5. And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven.
6. And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language.
Jerm. 29:11 says...for I know the plans I have for you…
Plans to prosper you....plans to give you hope and a future!!
Everyone who was there..God put there at that exact moment for a reason
God was exposing them to be a part of the greatest plan
in the history of the world..
The plan to get the word out...
The plan to share the story of Jesus and the Gospel
The plan to empower them and change the world forever!!!
7. Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, “Look, are not all these who speak Galileans?
8. And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born?
12. So they were all amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “Whatever could this mean?”
13. Others mocking said, “They are full of new wine.”
I believe the accuser had his cronies there from the very beginning… Trying to put a spin on what was taking place… Because the accuser knew the power that was about to be unleashed
14. But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words.
15. For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day.
16. But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17. ‘ And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
18. And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy
The Bible tells us, that they had waited just like the Lord had instructed them.
For 50 days, praying and waiting for what was going to happen,
not really knowing what was going to happen, but knowing if it was from God, it would be nothing short of spectacular.
And disappointment was not on the schedule that day…