Summary: Often there are two attitudes a Christian has toward serving Christ. The possibility of growing wearing and why do we have to do so much.
Most of the New Testament was written to the disciples of Christ. Jesus taught from every angle to build His disciples.
These Jews knew the Old Testament. He wanted them to know that He did not come to destroy the moral laws of God, vs. 17. He actually came to add to them. His conversation went like this; “Ye have heard, but I say unto you…” actually saying ye have more to do than others.
Often there are two attitudes a Christian has toward serving Christ.
2. Sometimes a spirit of “why do we have to do so much” seems never to end.
a. Become weary in secular life, do not quit
b. Many look for a way out of serving God.
1. First, we have more to do for ourselves, Jude 20-23
a. Bible Study; 1 Peter 2:2
b. Praying with the help of the Holy Spirit. Romans 8:26
c. Keeping self-clean, unspotted. 2 Corinthians 7:1
2. Secondly, we are to respond to the needs of others.
a. Many people being led astray here in our city.
b. Realize the importance of what we are doing. Mark 8:36
II. Christians are Able to Do More
1. As we abide in Christ. John 15:5
2. As we yield to the Holy Spirit. Joh 14:16-17
3. We can do all things through Christ. Philippians 4:13
III. More is Expected of Us as Christians. Acts 3:1-6
1. Sinners expect us to care. Psalm 142:4
2. Jesus expects us to care. Matthew 21:28; 20:1-7. Why stand ye idle? God’s question to his people.
A. Why stand idle when the harvest is ripe and ready to harvest.
1) The moment one reaches the age of accountability, he lives lost every day until he is saved.
a) We as parents should be faithful
b) We as teachers should study and pray, be a good example.
c) Make all of us want to give the truth.
C. Why stand idle with so much equipment.
2) Message. Romans 1:16
3) Authority. Matthew 28:19
D. Why stand idle when you might lose your opportunity. Be replaced.
1) Cursed fig tree. Mark 11:21
2) Become a castaway. 1 Corinthians 9:27
IV. When We Don’t Want to do More, we are Backslidden.
A. Backsliding will reprove true Christians. 2:19
B. It will make us do wrong. 3:6
C. Causes us to break fellowship with God. 3:8
D. Causes us to justify self. 3:11
E. God calls us from it. 3:12
V. Christians Need to Realize our Responsibility to our City, State, Country, our Mission.
1. We have a lot too.
2. Through Christ we can do it
3. We are expected to do more
4. If we reach the place where we don’t want to do more, we are backslidden.