Summary: Motherhood is one of the most influential, powerful truths in the universe. When all is said and done, when we stand in eternity. If your a Christian, it is very likely, it was the prayer of your mother that touched the heart of God, that moved Him to grant favor in your life.
Title: Mother Appreciation
Theme: Enjoying God's Gift To Children
Topic: A Compilation of Short Truths - That Warms the Heart
Introduction: Today, let us just do something appreciative, something truthful and intriguing to the heart in regard to the value of a mother.
Proposition: I would propose to you that motherhood is one of the most influential, powerful truths in the universe. I remember when I was getting some training at the Norton Correctional Facility, the instructor gave us a powerful truth, "You will often hear of an inmate speak well of his mother, he says very little about his father." When all is said and done, when we stand in eternity. If your a Christian, it is very likely, it was the prayer of your mother that touched the heart of God, that moved Him to grant favor in your life.
Listen as I read 2 Timothy 1:5, “I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.” Pray!!!!
Interrogative Sentence: Just what are some written truths that can be read or spoken that show the powerful influences of a mother? There are many: Quotes, Poems, Testimonies, and Stories. All proving that a mother's influence touches and guides the lives of everyone they come in contact with.
Listen carefully and ponder on how your mother, grandmother, or someone in your life took time to mother you, had a positive influence in your life.
Transitional Sentence: Today we are just appreciating one of God's greatest gift to us all, mothers. Let us begin with quotes. (Quotes provide by a staff writer from SermonCentral)
• A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ¯ Washington Irving
• Behind all your stories is always your mother's story, because hers is where yours begin. ¯ Mitch Albom
• No man is poor who has a Godly mother. ¯ Abraham Lincoln
• My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her. ¯ George Washington
• (A mother) can be glorious or terrible, benevolent or filled with wrath, but she commands love either way. I am convinced that this is the greatest power in the universe. ¯ N.K. Jemisin
• No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother's love. It shrinks not where man cowers, and grows stronger where man faints... — Edwin Hubbell Chapin
• If you have a mom, there is nowhere you are likely to go where a prayer has not already been. — Robert Brault)
• If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? — Milton Berle
Transitional Sentence: The quotes remind us of the pleasant truths of motherhood. The Bible gives us this truth, "For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God." (1 Corinthians 11:12) All things belong to God, especially our mothers. How we treat them is a reflection of our appreciation of God's gift to us. (John Chrysostom. (1889). Homilies of St. John Chrysostom, Archbishop of Constantinople, on the First Epistle of St. Paul the Apostle to the Corinthians. In P. Schaff (Ed.), H. K. Cornish, J. Medley, & T. B. Chambers (Trans.), Saint Chrysostom: Homilies on the Epistles of Paul to the Corinthians (Vol. 12, p. 153). New York: Christian Literature Company.)