Summary: This is the 26th sermon in the series "The End". This sermon looks at some characteristics of my best friend, Jesus Christ.
Sunday Morning October 27, 2002 Bel Aire Baptist Church
Series: ¡§The End¡¨ [#26]
MY BEST FRIEND
1. On this ¡§Friends Day¡¨ let me ask the question, ¡§What is a real friend?¡¨ Let¡¦s go to the Bible for our answer.
Proverbs 17:17 [A friend loves you no matter what happens.]
Proverbs 18:24 [A real friend doesn¡¦t leave you when things get tough. They stick with you.]
Proverbs 27:6 [A close friend can tell you how it is and you will listen because you trust them.]
2. Do you have any friends like that? I hope you do, but even if you can¡¦t think of anyone, if you are a Christian you have at least one friend and He is the greatest friend you could ever have.
3. This morning I want us to continue in our study of Revelations and look at what our greatest Friend, Jesus, will be doing.
He Is A Warrior
1. Do you have a friend that you care about so much that you would fight for them? Jesus will come back and He will destroy the enemy. Those that are not saved are His enemy because they are friends with the devil.
2. Notice that the armies of Heaven will be following Christ, but it is Christ Who will destroy the enemy with His Word. The same Word that was powerful enough to speak this world into existence is powerful enough to destroy the enemy.
3. Also notice that the flesh of the enemy will not only be destroyed but it will be eaten by the birds. The flesh gets us into trouble today. That is why we are to live in the Spirit and not the flesh. Not only will Jesus destroy all of these lost people, He will also cast the Antichrist and the False Prophet into the Lake of Fire. The devil will be chained up and locked in the Abyss for 1000 years.
He Is A Ruler
1. When Jesus came to this earth as a baby, He came as humble servant, but this time Jesus will rule as King of kings and Lord of lords.
2. Jesus will lead us. He will protect us. He will provide for us.
3. Is Jesus Christ the ruler of your life today?
He Is A Winner
1. Everyone wants to be on the winning side. After the 1000 years are over, Satan will be loosed and will be out causing trouble again, but this time he will be stopped forever.
2. Satan will be cast into the Lake of Fire where he will be tormented forever and ever.
3. Jesus will be victorious once and for all. If you want to be on the winning side, you must choose Jesus.
He Is A Judge
1. Our Friend is also the Judge that is seated on the great white throne.
2. These are judged according to what they had done. These are not friends of Jesus because their names were not found written in the Book of Life.
3. What¡¦s the punishment of those that are judged without the blood of the Lamb upon their lives? They are cast into the Lake of Fire with Satan, the Antichrist, the False Prophet, the fallen angels, Judas Iscariot, and all unsaved.
1. Let me ask you, ¡§Is your name written in the Book of Life?¡¨ If you die without Jesus as your Savior, your name won¡¦t be there and your destination is the same as the devils, the Lake of Fire.
2. Christians, let me remind you of what a friend is.
„« A friend loves you no matter what happens.
„« A friend doesn¡¦t give up on you.
„« A friend corrects a friend because they care.
3. With this in mind, ¡§Do you have a friend that is unsaved?¡¨ If you do, have you done all possible to lead them to Christ?
4. Look at all Jesus has done for you. Shouldn¡¦t we strive to be that kind of friend?