Summary: Fifty-six Qualities of God that helps us find greater goodness, blessing and benefits.
My Goodness is Nothing Apart From You O God (Psalm 16)
Where do you go when you want to find something good, beneficial and helpful? When David was in exile desperately needing help, benefits and blessings He went to the Lord. In Psalms 16, David gives us insights in to the bountiful blessings found in the Lord that we can benefit from today. The following are several of the key attributes of God that we can look to for our help, guidance and blessings:
1. Sacrificer – I give praise to you Lord Jesus for sacrificing yourself on the cross to pay the penalty for my sin (Heb. 7:26,27)
2. Salvation – I praise you Lord for being my deliverer. “The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom then shall I fear.” (Psa. 127:1)
3. Sanctifier – Lord, I praise you for sanctifying me through your word because your word is truth. (John 17:7) Honor you for setting me apart from the sins of my past, present and future so I may serve you in holiness and purity of motives and through your Spirit’s empowering.
4. Satisfaction – God, how I glorify your name for how you satisfy my desires with good things when nothing else seems to provide fulfillment. I honor you for your promise that says, “Who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles.” (Psa. 103:5)
5. Satisfier – I praise you Lord that you promise to satisfy the longing soul and fill the hungry soul with what is good. (Psa. 103:5) Thank you God for providing lasting fulfillment.
6. Savior – I praise you God for saving and delivering me from sin, death, judgment and hell. (Rom. 10:9,13)
7. Sealer – I praise you Lord for preventing the departure of the Holy Spirit from my soul. “Set His seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.” (2 Cor. 1:22)
8. Searcher –Thank you God that I do not have to understand the thoughts of another person or their motives since this is your job.
9. Sees All Things –Thank you Lord for helping me be more aware of your oversight in all things.
10. Self-Existent One – I praise you Lord that you are before and above everyone. “God said to Moses, ‘I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.” (Ex. 3:14)
11. Servant – I praise you Lord for being willing to provide assistance, work and benefits for the welfare of others. Jesus said, “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and to give His life as a ransom for many.” (Mark 10:45)
12. Shade – I praise you Lord for being my cool shelter from the harsh realities of life. “The Lord watches over you. The Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.” (Psa. 121:5)
13. Share – I praise you Lord for being my portion that entitles me to share in the riches in Christ. “The Lord said to Aaron, ‘You will have no inheritance in their land, nor will you have any share among them. I am your share and your inheritance among the Israelites.” (Numb 18:20)
14. Shelter – I praise you Lord for being my protection from all kinds of danger. (Isa. 25:4)
15. Shepherd –Praise you for being the perfect role model for every Pastor. Honor you for being the Lord who is MY Shepherd so I do not have to be in want of any good thing.
16. Shield – I praise you Father for being my protective screen from all kinds of adversity, opposition and hardships. “The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.” (Psa 28:7)
17. Shiloh – I praise you Lord for being the one to whom all obedience is due. “The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the ruler’s staff from between His feet, until He comes to whom it belongs (until Shiloh comes or until He comes to whom tribute belongs) and the obedience of the nations is His.” (Gen. 49:10)
18. Sinless – I praise you God for being perfectly pure, blameless and holy. “God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.” (2 Cor. 5:21)
19. Sin Forgiver and Deliverer - If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (I John 1:9)