Summary: It is with great delight and joy that I welcome you to this new month, the month of June, our month of Walking in the Power of Holy Spirit.
It is with great delight and joy that I welcome you to this new month, the month of June, our month of Walking in the Power of Holy Spirit. There is no doubt that there are many things in life described as 'power,' but as they do say 'power pass power.' The power under consideration is the ultimate power, the Power of Holy Spirit Heb. 6:4. Anyone who has tasted this power is on top! (Paraphrased). We are talking about the personality of the third person of the Trinity, the Holy Ghost. The power of Holy Ghost was critical in the formation of the earth, running the universe, the church and will be a major factor in the end of the world. The power of God makes the difference in the life of individuals, family, church and corporate bodies. It will be in the interest of anyone that wants to succeed on earth to walk in the power of the Holy Spirit. This month The Holy Spirit will want us to develop a better life style, the life of walking in the power of Holy Ghost. I pray the power of God will make a difference in your life this month and beyond in the name of Jesus.
Who is the Holy Spirit?
For the majority of Christian denominations, the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost is the third person (hypostasis) of the Trinity: the Triune God manifested as God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit; each person himself being God. In the New Testament He is identified with the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of Truth, the Paraclete and the Holy Spirit. The bible never referred to Holy Spirit as it but He/Him.
The Holy Spirit was instrumental in the conception of Jesus Christ though Mary, also descended on Jesus like a dove during his baptism, and in his Farewell Discourse after the Last Supper Jesus promised to send the Holy Spirit to his disciples after his departure and he did as reported in Acts Chapter Two.
The peculiarities and purposes of the Holy Spirit.
I will never forget, way back in 1977 I was just three months old as a born again Christian at Ile-Ife in my days at University of Ife now Obafemi Awolowo University. I left the campus for the town to visit a cousin from our town. She told me about her junior sister who was critically sick for the past two weeks. I told her that I gave my life to Christ three months earlier and that I have the power of the Holy Ghost and that I could pray for her and she will be well. She laughed. I ignored her mockery, read some psalms into water and prayed. The lady drank the water and instantly she got well after drinking the water. I knew the miracle had nothing to do with me, but the power of the Holy Ghost working through me. The power of the Holy Ghost is synonymous with miracles. Hundreds of miracles were performed by Jesus Christ, the apostles, and many Christians around the globe. The Holy Spirit is to primarily empower Christians that is His peculiarities and his purpose.
What does it mean to walk in the power of the Holy Ghost?
Let me give you 12 ways from Romans 8.
1. It is not to walk in condemnation, but in the spirit of God. Rom 8:1-2.
2. It is not to walk in the flesh. Gal 5:16-17
3. It is to run away from a thing synonymous with sin and the law of sin. Rom 8:3
4. It is not to be carnally minded but spiritually minded. Rom 8:5-6
5. It is to possess the power of Holy Ghost to enable you please God .Rom 8:8
6. It is to have the Holy Spirit, for without the Holy Spirit it is impossible to walk in the Spirit. Rom 8:9
7. It is to be led by the Holy Spirit. Rom 8:14
8. It is to receive the spirit of adoption whereby we cry Abba Father instead of fear.
9. It is to be an heir of God and a joint heir with Jesus Christ. Rom 8:17
10. It is to manifest God's power in a peculiar way with signs and miracles following the individual. Rom. 8:18-19
11. It is to get to a stage in Christian life when you realize all things work for your good irrespective of the situation or circumstance you have found yourself. Rom 8:28
12. It is to get to a stage where nothing can separate you from the love of God. Rom 8:37-39, Heb 4-5
Why must you walk in the power of the Holy Spirit?
1. You need the Power. "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Acts 1:8. The primary purpose for which The Holy Ghost was promised and released to you and the church is to have power. Power to walk in the supernatural. Power to do ministry. Power to perform miracles. Power to heal, preach, cast out demons, tread on scorpions, lay hands on the sick, take your ministry from local to global. Without the power of the Holy Ghost we are powerless. We can have determination and desires, but to execute we need power. The Holy Ghost is the source of genuine power for living.