Summary: At the time of preparing this outline, my wife and I have been married 47 years. During that time we have been almost constantly together. 24/7. Perhaps being missionary evangelists in over 100 countries has helped us to work, live and have a love that ha
My Valentine, my Wife, my Marriage.
At the time of preparing this outline, my wife and I have been married 47 years. During that time we have been almost constantly together. 24/7. Perhaps being missionary evangelists in over 100 countries has helped us to work, live and have a love that has continued to grow unto this day. I have heard the statement of couples being ’soul mates’, but I believe when 2 believers filled with the same Holy Spirit are married, it is God who has joined them together and no one, including the devil should be able to break that tie. In this outline we share a simple message around the unity God has for us and the strength and power of it for the great task of the Church with is EVANGELISM. (Eccl 4:12 KJV) And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken. The threefold cord is the married couple and the Lord!
Mark 10:6-12 (KJV) 6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. 10 And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter. 11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. 12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
I. In the beginning, God created Adam and Eve,
Genesis 2:18 (KJV) And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
A. He did not create Adam and Steve.
B. God did not want Adam to be alone.
C. God took Eve from Adam’s side.
1. Not from his foot to step on her.
2. Not from his head to rule over him.
3. He took her from his side to work with him and to be sheltered under his arm for protection. Genesis 2:22-24 (KJV) 22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. 23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. 24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
II. A wife should be a good thing.
Proverbs 18:22 (KJV) Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
A. A wife is a good thing when she is a believer.
1. If we are to be one with the Lord and be like the ’threefold cord,’ we will not have the strength of marriage with out the Lord.
2. A believing wife receives favor of God.
a. She brings that blessing to the marriage.
b. This also should be with the husband.
II. Even in evangelism the Lord saw the need of unity and sent out the workers two by two.
Luke 10:1 (KJV) After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.