Summary: What kind of priority system do we have? Are you too busy? What you love you will find time to do.
NEVER TOO BUSY…
By Wade Martin Hughes, Sr. Kyfingers@aol.com
THE BLACK WIDOW OF BUSY…
Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
I read where a young preacher that was always so busy. He did not have time for Bible reading so he read a 3 minute devotion each morning. He was too busy to pray, so he wrote the prayer request down in a prayer book and would ask God to read the request 3 times a day. He was too busy to spend any quality time with his family. He was almost a stranger to his wife. He was too busy to hold himself accountable and spend time with his brothers and attend seminars and classes offer to for his and the church’s benefit. Wow, he was just too busy. After a few years of his busy life style he found a woman that was very nice to him and she would listen to his busy load of burdens and how mean his wife and church was to him. The next thing you heard he dropped his busy schedule, ran away with the woman and started to sell insurance. His raised her kids and saw his kids once a year. THE BLACK WIDOW SPIRIT BIT HIM WITH A TERRIBLE VENOM THAT LEFT HIM BITTER.
THE SHORTEST VERSE IN THE BIBLE TELLS US SOMETHING ABOUT THE COMPASSION OF THE SON OF GOD…
WAS JESUS CRYING BECAUSE LARARUS WAS DEAD? WAS HE CRYING FOR MARY AND MARTHA? WHY DID JESUS WEEP?
John 11:35 Jesus wept.
MAYBE JESUS WEPT BECAUSE HE SAW MOST OF THE PEOPLE WERE SO BUSY THAT THEY DID NOT SEE THE ETERNAL VALUE (PRIORITY) SYSTEM.
LIFE IS ABOUT YOUR PRIORITY SYSTEM. What do you value?
SEE YOU WILL FIND TIME FOR WHAT YOU LOVE.
JESUS WAS ALWAYS BUSY… YET JESUS HAD TIME FOR PEOPLE.
SEEMS PROBLEMS WERE HIS PRIORITY…
JESUS WAS SO BUSY. Look about what Mark records.
1. Jesus had just been baptized by John the Baptist.
2. Jesus had been in the wilderness and was tempted by the enemy.
3. Jesus had been teaching about THE KINGDOM OF GOD.
4. Jesus touched large crowds (thousands?, small crowds (12) and individuals one on one.
5. Jesus just picked out his disciples.
6. Jesus cast out evil spirits.
7. JESUS HEALED MANY SICK, HURTING PEOPLE.
8. Jesus just healed a man with a DEFORMED HAND on the SABBATH. The priority was the man’s needs, not the religious customs and man made teaching about the SABBATH. The man’s needs were more important than WHAT DAY OF THE WEEK IT WAS.
9. JESUS travels to Gaillee by walking down dusty roads.
10. SEE, JESUS DID MORE THAN TALK A GOOD TALK. JESUS DID MORE THAN WALK A GOOD WALK.
JESUS MADE THINGS HAPPEN. JESUS ESTABLISHED A PRIORITY SYSTEM OF WTERNAL VALUES, NOT MAN’S OPINIONS.
11. Then Jesus see a man with LEPROSY, Jesus takes time to TOUCH the UNTOUCHABLE.
12. JESUS HEALS A PARALYZED MAN.
13. JESUS calls Matthew.
14. Jesus teaches a lesson on fasting and prayer.
15. Jesus then teaches about THE SABBATH, every day is the Sabbath.
16. Huge crowds followed Jesus and their needs were ever before him.
17. Jesus has a battle with the prince of demons and evil spirits.
18. Jesus teaches about the seeds and then he has to personally explain the lesson to those slow to hear.
19. Jesus teaches about the LIGHT and lamps.
20. Then there was a lesson about SMALL, LITTLE THINGS, mustard seeds.
21. JESSSSUS CALMS THE STORM and the winds and waves listened to his voice.
22. Then Jesus meets a man we call LEGION with so many evil spirits the community feared his life style in the graveyard.
IN 4 CHAPTERS WE CAN SEE JESUS CARED. WITH ALL THAT HAPPENED IN THE FIRST 4 CHAPTERS OF MARK, WE SEE JESUS WAS VERY BUSY. BUT HE WAS NOT TOO BUSY.
SEE, OUR SAVIOR CAN FEEL OUR DISAPPOINTMENTS, HURTS, SICKNESSES… BUT JESUS MADE ROOM. JESUS KNOWS OUR PAINS AND JESUS FEELS OUR PAIN.
THERE WAS A SPECIAL MAN NAMED JAIRUS, JAIRUS WAS A JEWISH LEADER IN THE LOCAL SYNAGOGUE…
SOME WOULD SAY JAIRUS JESUS IS TOO BUSY FOR YOU. BUT JAIRUS WAS DESPERATE, PLEASE JESUS, PLEASE.
Mark 5:21 And when Jesus was passed over again by ship unto the other side, much people gathered unto him: and he was nigh unto the sea. 22 And, behold, there cometh one of the rulers of the synagogue, Jairus by name; and when he saw him, he fell at his feet, 23 And besought him greatly, saying, My little daughter lieth at the point of death: I pray thee, come and lay thy hands on her, that she may be healed; and she shall live.