Summary: Christ our Redeemer makes available to the saints a new way of living that results in redemption and blessedness.
New Way of Living
Text: 1 Peter 1:18-20
Intro: Consider some thoughts about Redemption, Accomplished and Applied.
The results of redemption that we will look at are: REDEEMED & BLESSED,
ACCEPTED BY GOD, and CONFORMED TO GOD’S WILL.
Included in the "Results of Redemption" is the New Way of Living. In our
living we must hold a deep reverence for God, remembering that there is no
higher privilege than that of living as a Christian.
Upon giving consideration of this New Way of Living as a result of Redemption,
we will come to the conclusion that The Christ life is rewarding here and far
more rewarding in the life to come.
Theme: God wants to bless us with every blessing
A. Redeemed and Blessed (Gal. 3:13-14)
1. Results of Redemption and the New Way of Living
2. Gal. 3:13, "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being
made a curse for us: for it is written [Dt. 21:23], Cursed is every one
that hangeth on a tree: Gal 3:14,That the blessing of Abraham might
come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the
promise of the Spirit through faith."
3. The blessing God pronounced on Abraham was that in him all the
families of the earth would be blessed ( Gen. 12:3). That way of
redemption provided by Christ is to all who will believe in Him.
4. SIN & CURSE = DESTRUCTION & DEATH
There is nothing quite so meaningless as human life apart
from the redemption of Christ.—J. Vernon McGee’s Thru The Bible
REDEMPTION & BLESSING = RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE,
AND JOY IN THE H. S.
B. Accepted by God (Eph. 1:3-6)
1. "3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath
blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the
world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus
Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 To the
praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in
2. Every blessing we receive, we receive in Christ.
C. Conformed to God’s Will (Eph. 1:7-10)
1. "7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of
sins, according to the riches of his grace; 8 Wherein he hath abounded
toward us in all wisdom and prudence; 9 Having made known unto us
the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath
purposed in himself: 10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times
he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in
heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:"
2. Conformed (comply, act in accord with another’s request) to God’s Will--
God’s will is to have for Himself people who will love, obey, and
praise Him forever.
D. Seven Basic Characteristics of the Eternal State
(That are the direct result of Christ’s work on the cross!)
1. Rev. 22:3-5, "And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of
God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither
light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them
light: and they shall reign for ever and ever."
2. v. 3 - No More Curse (Perfect Sinlessness)
3. v. 3 - Throne of God and the Lamb (Perfect Authority)
4. v. 3 - Servants Serve Him (Perfect Obedience)
5. v. 4 - They Shall See His Face (Perfect Communion)
6. v. 4 - His Name in Their Foreheads (Perfect Consecration)
7. v. 5 - No Night There (Perfect Happiness)
8. v. 5 - Reign With Him Forever and Ever (Perfect Glory)
These are the direct result of Christ’s work on the cross!
Conclusion: Christ is our Redeemer makes available to the saints
a new way of living that results in redemption and blessedness, our
acceptance by God, and His conforming us to His will.
The New Age propaganda, encompassed by Satanically orchestrated
secular humanism, encourages folk to seek spirituality and redemption
True Christian living and witnessing are needed now more than ever.
Tell all that in Jesus Christ and Him alone is redemption accomplished
John 14:6, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
Acts 4:12, "Neither is there salvation in any other:
for there is none other name under heaven given among men,