Summary: If we are in Christ (be in Christ) we are newly designed, changed from the inside out
- New Improved
- Fresh Makeover
- Enhanced Version
- Newly Designed
- A week ago Wed. 4/21/10
- Newly designed $100 bill unveiled
- 14 years in the making
- Benjamin Franklin only thing the same
- Green is being replaced with 3D ink
- Color shifting holograms – images move
- Banks get them in Feb.
- Secret Service helped design it for security
- All because of counterfeits around the world
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Think of being newly designed as:If we are in
PLAY DOUGH. [Red] [Blue]
- Think the blue piece as us.
- Each of us has a spirit when we are born. It is what makes us a living person.
- Red we’ll pretend that it is the Spirit of God. God sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. He shed His blood on the cross for us and rose from the dead three days later. When a person believes this, and asks Jesus to be his Savior, Jesus sends the Holy Spirit to live in that person’s heart.
Now think what happens when you start to mix the red and blue together. At first you can’t tell much has happened?
- God has to work in each person’s life to start to make changes.
- As new Christians we still behave with some of our old habits and ways.
- Little by little God starts to change us from the inside out.
- Completely mix them together all the way you change the color [Purple].
- It’s a whole new color. Purple is the color of royalty: now you are a child of the King! That’s the same way God makes us a new creature. We are not the same person we used to be. We have been born again and are a new creation.
7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance (appearance), or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
- Jesus told Nicodemus that he had to be “born again”
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
1. You use if in conditional sentences
- If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature
2. You use if at or near the beginning of a clause when politely asking someone to do something
- Paul “Be in Christ”
3. You use if in indirect questions where the answer is either `yes’ or `no’.
(I wonder if you truly believe)
- He’s talking about being Newly Designed
Newly Designed (New Creature)
Dead to God -- Alive to God
In sin & immorality -- In righteousness holiness
Unsure -- Absolutely Certain
No Relationship -- Living Relationship
No Fellowship -- Now Communes
Death the end -- Eternal Life
Judgment & Separation -- Peace & In His Presence
It’s the work of God
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
BEHOLD (Notice, Attention, Be aware, Take in)
What kind of work is the new creature?
1 John 3:1KJV
1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1. It’s a work of His power
(a) When God made the world He met with no opposition
- When God is about to make a new creature Satan and the heart oppose Him.
(b) It cost God nothing to make the world
- When he makes a new creature it cost the shedding of Christ’s blood.
- Much Remembrance & Gratitude is needed