No Bible No Power Know The Bible Know The Power
Contributed by Eddie Robinson on Jun 2, 2001 (message contributor)
Summary: This sermon is written with the idea of motivating a person to become a Bible reader.
No Bible No Power Know the Bible Know the Power
Catch phrase: Grab the Word
23 The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him, 24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. 25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother: 26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. 27 And last of all the woman died also. 28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. 31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, 32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. 33 And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.
Intro Here once again we have the infamous Sadducees, who are the well respected governing body of religion ,men of much education and what is suppose to be wisdom. Well here they challenging Jesus who is God himself in a body of flesh, trying to trick Jesus into saying something that is going to discredit his whole ministry. In their motives to try to bring Jesus down they are so caught up in making him look bad that they failed to do their homework. Jesus promptly lets them know that " Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God."
otherwise saying you are making a mistakes because you donÂ’t know the Bible, and because you donÂ’t know the bible you have no even a clue to the power of God. This is true today with us we always want to challenge what is right or fair, we want to challenge our pastors, people in the church, and some of us just like the Sadducees and the Pharisees we often have the audacity to challenge God on what is right and what is not. We cannot say what is right and what is not without diving into the scriptures and meditating on them and letting God speak to us through them. Loving God is a great start but it is not enough, the Saducees and the Pharisees problem was not loving God they really took pride in their love of God, but through their ignorance of GodÂ’s word they found themselves enemies of the Almighty God himself in the form of Jesus. Yes start out by loving God and Loving Jesus but read the holy text book.
First movement: Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures NLT- 29 Jesus replied, "Your problem is that you donÂ’t know the Scriptures,
Our problem most of us is we mess up not knowing the Word of God
1. Short tempered-Proverbs 3:5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
2. Rob God- We could be robbing God and not know it and be cursed and cannot prosper and not know why - Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
3. We canÂ’t love God when we donÂ’t love our brethren- - 1 JOHN 4:20
If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
4. We canÂ’t make good decisions concerning ourselves or others because
A. Jealous- We feel bad over someone elseÂ’s blessings when she should appreciate what we have
B. Proud- We take credit for things we shouldnÂ’t therefore getting on GodÂ’s bad side
C. Revengeful- want to get back at someone out of anger
D. Impatient- CanÂ’t wait on God
E. Worry- Letting our self fret over nothing
5. Lack wisdom- Proverb 1:7 Says that knowledge begins with deep seeded respect for God, We donÂ’t have a good grasp on eternal wisdom or heavenly understanding to handle situations rightly, we have a popular slogan going on now "W.W.J.D" ourselves "What Would Jesus Do" but we have to study the word to know what Jesus would.
6. Easily led astray. -In to false doctrine
7. Miss out on blessings because we donÂ’t know the proper procedures of GodÂ’s program