Summary: Jesus was no ordinary child. he is worthy of our worship
• SLIDE #1
• Christmas a traditional time set aside where celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ!
• Most people take time to celebrate the birthday of the ones you love.
• What is it about Jesus that would make us want to have a holiday to celebrate His birth?
• Wasn’t Jesus just another famous person who has a birthday that we celebrate?
• We celebrate the birth of Presidents and other famous people like Martin Luther King Jr. What is it about Jesus that would deserve our time and effort to celebrate?
• Maybe it is because Jesus is considered a religious leader? Why don’t we have birthdays for other religious leaders? Why don’t we have Buddhamas, Mohammedmas?
• What is so different about Jesus, so different that you are taking the time to be here today?
• Jesus was born just like the rest of us, wasn’t He?
• As we spend some time examining the circumstances surrounding the birth of Jesus, I hope that we all realize that Jesus is worthy of our worship because He was NO ORDINARY CHILD!
• Let’s begin be noticing that Jesus had:
• SLIDE #2
I. No ordinary birth.
• One of the reasons we should celebrate the birth of Jesus is because His birth was no ordinary birth. Let us look at a few things that made His birth one that was not your ordinary run of the mill birth.
• SLIDE #3
1. The announcement of his birth was not ordinary.
• When we announce the birth of a new child, we usually pass our cigars or candy; we take an ad out in the paper among other things.
• One thing we do not do is have our great-great-great-great Grandparents announce the birth of our child several hundred years before the event happens.
• My great, great, great, grandparents did not announce the birth of Rachel way before it happened.
• Look at just one of the passages in the Old Testament that was written by Isaiah some 700 plus years BEFORE Jesus was born. Isaiah saw Jesus more clearly than any of the other Old Testament Prophets. That is an impressive announcement!
• SLIDE #4
• Isaiah 7:14(ESV) 14Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
• We can also see that God used some other impressive ways to let the world know about the birth of His Son!
• SLIDE #5
• Luke 2:8-10(ESV) And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear. And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy that will be for all the people.
• God is using the Angels to announce the birth of His Son. I know my daughters and grandchildren are VERY special to me, but God did not send the angels down to announce any of their births!
• God used a star to guide the Magi as they looked for the Son of God.
• If God is going to all this trouble to announce the birth of Jesus, He was definitely no ordinary child!
• SLIDE #6
2. A virgin birth is was not ordinary.