Summary: We shouldn’t have to worry about anything in life because God will take care of us, as evident in this particular text.
-We as a people worry too much in today’s society about too many things that we really don’t need worry about.
- Worry is defined by Webster’s as "Any amount of excess energy spent stressing on things."
- We stress out to the max worrying abou too many minor things, things we have no real bissnuess worrying about...
- Preacher, with all that i’m going through, why NOT the worry?
II. Body: 3 reasons we SHOULD NOT worry:
A.) Because the Lord is our shepard...
-23:1-2: God is our shepard!
- Talk about a shepard’s role in OT times and what he was responsible for.
- How this relates to God & us today as a people.
- "Shall not want"... God will take care of ALL our basic needs!
-God will lead you where you need to go!!!
B.) Because he is the great comforter...
-23:4: "Rod 7 staff.."
- Talk about how a rod & staff are used by a sheperd to guide to safety & to ward off enemies.
- God does the same thing for us today..
-This should be comforting to us b/c God is always protecting us from harm & danger.
-I cor. 14:3
C.) He keeps us from our enemies harm.
-23:5: "God will prepare a table before you..."
- Talk about how a table divides.
- Talk about what is ussually served on a table? (Food)
-God will allow you to eat & get fat, right in front of your enemies...
-Meaning God will exhalt you & make you succsessful, regardless of your enemies, & they’ll have to sit & watch you be succsessful!
-This is the greatest way to defeat your enemies! You don’t have to worry about them!
III. Preach The Text:
- Set up story & scenario of text!!
- Encourage 7 exhort the people of God that no matter what they go through they don’t have to worry!
- God will take care of you!!
- Recap points.