Summary: Nothing is impossible with God
One of the most effective ways to study our Bible is by word studies.
I. There is a “Nothing” in our Activity, in our Christian Service.
1. Christian service. Philippians 2:3
2. Matthew 5:9, “blessed are the peace makers...”
3. Let nothing be done through strife or vain glory.
a. Strife or contention or enmity.
4. Strife hinders the work of God.
a. Example of church in Corinth. 1 Corinthians 3:1-4
b. Strife is the same as or used in same verses with wicked things. Galatians 5:20
5. Strife is of the devil. James 3:14-18
6. How to overcome strife.
b. Mind of Christ
c. Jesus is our example.
a. Practice. 1 Corinthians 13:2
II. There is a “Nothing” to Anxiety in our Everyday Living.
1. This word “careful” is used in verb form and signifies to be anxious about or to have a distracting care.
b. Take no thought.
2. A good example. Luke 10:41
3. Do you know what anxiety does to us?
a. Destroys our health. (ask me)
b. Destroys our homes. Don’t be up tight about anything in your home.
c. Destroys our dreams and accomplishments.
4. Anxiety does nothing to help us cope with tomorrow.
a. Song says, “I know who holds tomorrow.”
b. It distracts us. You can’t focus.
5. Faith in our Lord is the answer.
a. You can not fret and faith at the same time.
III. There is a “Nothing” too Hard for God’s Power.
1. Luke 1:37-38
2. Consider the challenge to Mary’s faith.
a. Gave birth to Jesus.
b. Nothing man can do or undo.
c. It was accomplished and accepted according to God’s word. James 1:6-8
3. Matthew 28:18; All power
4. Every obstacle we face can and should be faced with God’s nothing shall be impossible attitude.
a. Psalm 23
b. I will fear no evil.
5. Our faith grows by the accepting of this nothing.
a. Jeremiah accepted this nothing.
IV. There is a “Nothing” that show Apathy or a Bad Attitude
2. Shows “lukewarm” in last days.
a. Focusing on material possessions.
b. Plenty of money, building.
c. I am rich and have need of nothing.
3. The lukewarm church accomplishes nothing.
a. James 1:12
b. John 15:5
c. Matthew 5:13